3.0.5768.2 web client defaults to 4mbs

wraslor

wraslor

Web client is no longer remembering quality settings and defaults to 4mbps for every item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, we have created a new default, but the new default is Auto. It is recommended you leave it at auto for best performance because it perform bandwidth tests with the server to find the ideal rate.

wraslor

is there a way to change that? I have a 5 up connection and several people streaming at different times, if 2 jump on at the same time it chokes.

of course, the same way as always. that just happens to be the new default value. it is still there in client-side settings, and as soon as they change it in the video player it also saves it.

additionally there is server-side control under playback -> streaming to apply a global limit. so you could cap everyone at say, 1mbps no matter what their in-app setting is.

wraslor

Ok when I change it in the web player it reverts back for example I bump down to 1 meg for a tv show play next ep and its back to 4. But if I understand you right I can set the global to 1 and that's per device? Not total pool correct?

Thanks

yes, correct. i can confrm changing in the video player is not sticking so i will fix that. changing in app settings though does stick.

• 3 weeks later...

yes i decided to not have the video player be a permanent setting. just change it in app settings if you want a permanent change.