UPNP/DLNA

JaredC79

JaredC79

I have a server made by Escienct named the Fireball DVDM/.  It controls 3 400 disc SACS and DVD players.  1 issue is that the company went out of biz so updating my library is a manual process until I am able to hack into the firmware and re route the metadata pulls. This device is DLNA and UPNP and think it shows up as DLNA as well.  It has home run wiring to every zone in the house so that you can enjoy 1 of 1200 discs anywhere and each zone has a touch screen that does that and some.  I would like to know if I use an capture card (Component to USB) and run it in VLC to play over cat6 and relabel it like titles EMBY(2012) if the metadata will pull and save somewhere.  I am using Kodi/OSMC slowly being switched up a bit as the player - EMBY as the server (Vinny Smith is a friend of mine so figured if I had any tweaks I wanted to do I could ask him) .  Ideally I rather not have to relabel or rip all that content, have the rich GUI like emby/kodi vs the Spartan Escient one, with the ability to play the device to multiple zones over the coax that is in place for my distributed AV and automation system to not hog up bandwidth if another stream is going to another zone.  Conversely I would like the option also play it over Cat6 to zones being added to cut down on wire drags and while streams work fine...baluns are useless if too close to EMI so its the ideal set up for my situation.  Any suggestions how to make this work? I know I can add it as a source in KODI but with EMBY being the backbone, I figured I would start here.