GAMES!!!!!

JaredC79

JaredC79

I am not a bug "gamer" but I am super stoked that I can add old school arcade and console games that I enjoyed as a kid on this monster of a theater.  That being sale. I added the game thing but do I also need to download the emulators also individually for each system and if so where do I find them that wont harm my system.  I spent way to much time building and reconfiguring over and over so really would like to make sure I have no issues.  I have no experience with emulators and literally just started using them and developing stuff over the last 6 months or so.  Prior to that the extent of my knowledge was recording and mixing in protools, sending emails, doing some work and looking 8008s.  :-)

Thanks in advance,

Google is your friend on this one Jared. Yes, you need to install emulators individually, and setting them up will depend on which emulator you're using. There's a ton of information on this all over the internet and it's quite easy to set up once you get going.

Try this to get you started:

CLICK HERE

JaredC79

thanks.  I don't know what sites are to be trusted so I don't end up with virtual aids taking virtual AZT wishing I was virtual magic Johnson

BATTLE DONKEY

Check out www.emulator-zone.com

They have breakdowns of most popular emulators so u can compare features and what not, along with links to download them.

As for setting them up, they are mostly pretty easy to configure and get up and running. Most are just a matter of opening and going to settings and/or clicking load from and point to your from folder.

Retroarch is a great all in one emulator for pretty much everything up to the PS1, BUT, if this is all new to you I suggest starting with the link I gave you and using individual emulators for different systems because retroarch can be a little much to get configured properly for novices.

ROMs I can't give you links for, but as stated Google is your friend