Version 3.0.5768.1: no library showing at all

Bert-KS
Go to solution Solved by Bert-KS,

I updated to the new beta 3.0.5768.1 this morning and now I cannot see any libraries at all on any device (browser from a PC, Android app, Emby for WMC). Happens for all users on the server.

Clicking on my user and going to Setting, Home Screen Settings shows the circle nonstop and the View Order is not available at all:

56238233b5b48_Clipboard02.jpg

The CPU load goes to 100% when this happens. I tried FF and IE with the same results, the same on the Android app. Just the circle with no View Order. I also cannot change any settings under Home Page in this screen. Clicking on save says it has saved it, but it didn't.

Going back to any other screen in Emby still shows the circle from now on until I restart the browser window.

The side bar does not show any libraries either. It used to show all libraries between the two lines:

56238265d6379_Clipboard03.jpg

The libraries themselves seem to be fine and correctly setup. I tried the Clean Database and rescan the library without any improvement. I also have re-installed the server again, not helping either...

Any advice on this issue please?

Thank you!

server-63580798253.txt

I experienced the same thing yesterday, after I re installed the stable release from beta.

I decided to install the beta again, and the libraries showed up again.

Perhaps I would suggest installing the beta version exe in your computer from the download section of the emby.media website (yes I am aware it is already installed on your computer) just ins case there was a problem with the update.

Then wait for a rather extensive media scan with the new beta, and see if that fixes you problem.

I'm having the same issue right now. I'm getting the exact same view in the web client, and MBT just loads up a blank screen with the menu button in the corner. I'll try to install the beta and see if it helps. (I just rolled back to the official release because the beta was giving me some strange menu issues in the web client)

try running the refresh channels scheduled task. for the next beta revision i will make sure that doesn't cause this anymore.

try running the refresh channels scheduled task. for the next beta revision i will make sure that doesn't cause this anymore.

Are any of the devs aware of the menu spacing issues throughout different parts of the WebUI on the current beta? I can upload a screenshot if need be.

I tried starting a new topic about the spacing issues I'm having 3 times now, and each time when I try to post it, I get sent to the thread listing, but my thread doesn't exist, so I'll try to post as a comment here (sorry for derailing this post)

The issues I mentioned above only seem to happen in Chrome, IE is displaying the WebUI just fine for me.

The last 3 screenshots show how the spacing seems to grow exponentially as I zoom out:

(EDIT: apparently I can't post .PNG images from dropbox)

in the meantime i guess you can describe where it's happening. i don't see anything like tthat on chrome 47

what version of chrome?

31.0.1650.59 m

I wasn't having this issue with the latest official release, but I was having the library not displaying problem.

Edited by pmac

ok, i see from your home page. looks like you're on 31. that's really old. the stable channel is currently up to 46 now. the web client is moving forward with a number of new technologies. for browsers such as chrome that have auto-update features, you need to run a relatively recent version. Up to 5 versions behind is probably a reasonable number for us to support.

chrome 31 was released in November 2013.

• Like 1

ok, i see from your home page. looks like you're on 31. that's really old. the stable channel is currently up to 46 now. the web client is moving forward with a number of new technologies. for browsers such as chrome that have auto-update features, you need to run a relatively recent version. Up to 5 versions behind is probably a reasonable number for us to support.

chrome 31 was released in November 2013.

Wow! I didn't realize I was that far behind haha. I'll update and see what happens. It's strange that I'd have such an old version, considering I just built this computer in February...

I was able to install Chrome 46. For some reason, auto-updates isn't working for me with Chrome, keep getting error code 7, unable to install. 

But with installing v46, the server is displaying correctly. Thanks.

• Like 1

The server has now updated to Version 3.0.5768.2 overnight, the problem still exists though. I've downloaded this new version again and installed, still no channels...

Afterwards, I noticed the Refresh Channels did not go through and failed:

56240045af778_Clipboard01.jpg

The logfile for this moment is attached, the notification email says Sequence contains no matching element

However, the Library Scan is still going this time, while before it took only a few minutes to complete, so fingers crossed it will self-correct the database this time.

Thank you so far, I'll report back...

server-log.txt

Edited by Bert-KS

unfortunately that log has been cut up so it's not very useful to us. please always post the complete file.

Updated to the latest 3.0.5768.3 server version but still facing the same problem: no channels/libraries showing up on any device for any user. In my profile, there is still the circle spinning without showing the View Order option (same screenshots as in the initial post).

Logfile is attached

Thank you.

server-63580890231.txt

fraenhawk

On .3 as well. What exactly was supposed to be fixed though @@Luke? The fail of the refresh task or the channels showing up in the menu (or both)?

Even manually ran the refresh channels and just have the incomplete left menu still. The only thing that seems to fix it since 3.0.5768 (any revision) after a restart is to go to the home screen and press refresh on the browser 2 or three times. Then the channel list on the home screen and on the left menu finally builds. No errors in the refresh job (so short I'll just copy/paste and not attach)

2015-10-19 08:32:23.5002 Info - App: Executing Refresh Channels
2015-10-19 08:32:23.5314 Debug - SqliteItemRepository: select guid from TypedBaseItems where type=@type
2015-10-19 08:32:23.6718 Info - App: Refresh Channels Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2015-10-19 08:32:23.6718 Info - ServerManager: Sending web socket message ScheduledTaskEnded

5624e3e46f187_nochannels.jpg

Edited by fraenhawk

fraenhawk

Oh, and I mispoke when I said it was only after server restart. Turns out, every time I close the web client and go back, the media folder list goes blank and has trouble repopulating. If this helps any, my shortcut takes me straight to the auto-organize screen - since that's what I'm going to Emby for from the web most of the time. Did something change in this build to cause the menu to populate only if starting on the Home screen instead of any of the Manager Server screens?

• Solution

the new update Version 3.0.5768.4 has fixed all my problems above, the channels/libraries are back and working as designed. Also, the profile not showing the View Order is back to normal and working again.

Thank you for this fix, awesome work as usually!

Cheers from Down Under

BERT

• Like 2

shorty1483

My MediaServer restarts itself every morning via scheduled task. Since Beta .4 and .5 everytime this happens my libraries are lost. Sometimes restarting server and rescan libraries works, but the other times I need to reinstall via Setup.exe. Happens on Chrome and FF.

Edited by shorty1483