File created date vs file modified date

dazed

Is it possible to have have Emby use the files modified date instead of its creation date?

Here's an example, the image below is from Kodis videodb when files are added from Emby

post-5762-0-23149900-1445115495_thumb.png

And this is Kodis videodb when Kodi scans the files in

post-5762-0-85657700-1445115548_thumb.png

Sonarr can change the files date to when it was aired which is great when adding loads of old shows so recently added doesnt get filled up with stuff aired a while back. I might not have explained this well though . . .

Do you have "Use File Creation Date" or "Use Date scanned into the Library" set in Metadata-Advanced?

Edited by Happy2Play

Do you have "Use File Creation Date" or "Use Date scanned into the Library" set in Metadata-Advanced?

I have use "Use File Creation Date" which it's doing, i need it to add the file by its modified date post-5762-0-22468000-1445120581_thumb.png which Kodi does

Never seen a Modified date actually be before a creation date.  Always the other way around.  Unless this is a non Windows.

5622cbdad0470_date.jpg

It is a feature request. We are doing it the way we feel is best. Kodi is doing it the way they feel is best.

Since Sonarr supports writing nfo you could also use it to populate the added field

• 1 month later...

Has any thought been given to this?

Kodi's option on it look like this

<dateadded>1</dateadded> <!-- 0 results in using the current datetime when adding a video;
                                 1 (default) results in prefering to use the files mtime (if it's valid) and only using the file's ctime if the mtime isn't valid;
                                 2 results in using the newer datetime of the file's mtime and ctime -->

Any chance of adding something similar

• 6 years later...
unmovable

Since @ebr closed a new thread that explicitly requested this feature:

I'm going to have to revive a 7 year old topic then. And no, TimeLord plugin is not a proper answer to this feature request.

Edited by unmovable

1 hour ago, unmovable said:

Since @ebr closed a new thread that explicitly requested this feature:

I'm going to have to revive a 7 year old topic then.

He linked your thread to this one and marked it as a duplicate because this is the original feature request thread and is the one they are tracking for votes/popularity. You should 'like' the first post in this thread to show that you want this feature.