Version 3.0.5768.1 Dynamic Image Icons

pir8radio

Happy2Play

In the end all you need to do is Right click-Edit images from the home screen.

Yes, Dynamic image work with setting on true or false.  The setting just changes where the images are stored/used (for the most part).

If set to false they are stored in views\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If set to true they are stored in root\default

Channels, Playlist and Collection are different locations.

The true and false setting will affect the multi-users the most.

If you have no images or default images and you want dynamic, right click library on Home screen, edit image, if image is present that you don't want delete.  Then go back to Home screen, right click, edit, click refresh - none - none - ok, this will generate a dynamic image.

Did note that with setting to true and using dynamic image, it doesn't exist in root\default.

If you want your own images right click library on Home screen, edit image, and upload.

Note I had to refresh my browser after changing images.  Ctrl+F5

The confusing part is depending on your setting Home screen locations and Metadata Manager locations can be different.

Edited by Happy2Play

skynet600

Sadly none of that is working for me. Enableuserviews is false, no image exists in metadata manager for one of the collections but in others an image does exists. The home screen is not reflecting those images and new images are not always being generated. Refresh with none and none doesn't replace the image. Indeed if I go to channels and delete the default image it has that same image comes back on a refresh.

pir8radio

Well this seems to be an issue with the Beta.   If i go directly into the meta data manager from the main menu and edit these images, they don't "stick"  but if i use IE and right click the folder icons and change them there they do stick..   I CAN NOT RIGHT CLICK OR MOUSE OVER THE MAIN ICONS ON THE HOME SCREEN IN CHROME IT DOESN'T DO A THING.  I had to open Edge to make my changes via right click.  @@Luke

Edited by pir8radio

Well this seems to be an issue with the Beta.   If i go directly into the meta data manager from the main menu and edit these images, they don't "stick"  but if i use IE and right click the folder icons and change them there they do stick..   I CAN NOT RIGHT CLICK OR MOUSE OVER THE MAIN ICONS ON THE HOME SCREEN IN CHROME IT DOESN'T DO A THING.  I had to open Edge to make my changes via right click.  @@Luke

RIght click context menu appears to work correctly for @@Happy2Play across all browsers but for myself it only works on Firefox yet for you it works on IE/Edge. Does not seem to be consistent.

Happy2Play

@@Luke

There is still a disconnect between Home Screen and Metadata Manager.  Even though paths are the same, but data/images are not.  The folder.xml in root\default\kids movies says 8/24/2015.  They Both upload to same location though.

Home Screen - Edit

5623f544a420f_Homeedit1.jpg

Metadata Manager - Edit

5623f5610e3fc_MMedit1.jpg

• Like 1

skynet600

That is exactly right. All my collections now show a dynamic image in metadata manager. The home screen however doesn't. Only 2 of my 5 collections show an image in the home screen.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Are the images on Home Screen cached images that eventually come from Metadata Manager location?

skynet600

There is a diff between what is in metadata manager image wise and what is shown when right click on the collection via home screen and choose edit images. I just added backdrops to all collections via metadata manager. I can't see those with edit images from home screen.

• Like 1

pir8radio

There is a diff between what is in metadata manager image wise and what is shown when right click on the collection via home screen and choose edit images. I just added backdrops to all collections via metadata manager. I can't see those with edit images from home screen.

Yea this is one of the issues I have said...   Right clicking then going to edit works, going through metadata manager does not.

Happy2Play

More testing

Currently with EnableUserViews set to true, images are propagating from Metadata Manager to Home Screen it just may take a couple minutes depending on your system.

1.  Home screen right click, edit images, delete the images

2.  Go to Metadata Manager and go ahead and re upload the images you want.  If you want Dynamic images (if available for the library/folder), delete all images, go to Refresh - local data - none ok.  This will force Emby to generate image or you can just wait and it will do it on its own.

3.  Go back to home screen and try Ctrl+F5 to force a cache refresh or restart server.

Only folder/view having issues with so far is my Music folder since I have it in Folder view.

56242d3beb9d3_custom.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

skynet600

That just isn't working here sorry. I have dynamic images when looking in image editor but I don't see them in home screen regardless of cache clearance.

Happy2Play

Have you restarted your server?  What images are displayed via Dashboard-Library?

skynet600

You mean right click on collection and edit images? If so then I only see the backdrop images I manually added. The dynamic images are only seen in the metadata manager under images.

Restarted server many times since this all started going wrong.

Edited by skynet600

Happy2Play

I will have to test on my other server since the current one EnableUserViews is set to true. 

But if Library and Metadata Manager show the same, I would edit images on Home screen and delete them, then restart your server.

• Like 1

skynet600

That test had mixed results actually. I deleted all images via edit images from home screen, refreshed browser and restarted server. I ended up with no collection images at all in home screen. Having given it some time I restarted the server again and now one of my collections has a dynamic image in place. However that image doesn't match the image in meatadata manager or library image. These match.

PhinkBig

In the end all you need to do is Right click-Edit images from the home screen.

Yes, Dynamic image work with setting on true or false.  The setting just changes where the images are stored/used (for the most part).

If set to false they are stored in views\xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If set to true they are stored in root\default

Channels, Playlist and Collection are different locations.

The true and false setting will affect the multi-users the most.

If you have no images or default images and you want dynamic, right click library on Home screen, edit image, if image is present that you don't want delete.  Then go back to Home screen, right click, edit, click refresh - none - none - ok, this will generate a dynamic image.

Did note that with setting to true and using dynamic image, it doesn't exist in root\default.

If you want your own images right click library on Home screen, edit image, and upload.

Note I had to refresh my browser after changing images.  Ctrl+F5

The confusing part is depending on your setting Home screen locations and Metadata Manager locations can be different.

Thanks for these steps...I had tried everything I could think of to get the dynamic images working for my collections but was unsuccessful, but this did the trick!