Ios clients - subtitle

-SR-

Hi,

In the ios app you have subtitle button but I only see "automatic", off, or "unknown cc" as values and not the subtitle options of the movie. Whatever I choose no subtitles appear, both are valid for dvd rips as well as bd rips, vob and m2ts files.

Is this feature still missing and only dummy button there or am I missing a setting to make this work?

Thanks for your support and congrats with this great app!!

What does the server have as far as subtitles for the item? Remember BD, DVD, and folder rips are experimental. They aren't guaranteed to work.

The server gives: dvdsub - Unknown language, but doesn't play the movie from the browser which is normal I think.

I know it works on android client, so that's why I posted the question if this is implemented for dvd / avchd with embedded subtitles in ios client

Thanks!

Edited by -SR-

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

Yeah have the same problem, on Web client via Safari or with the Native application.

At the beginning, before IOS7, when we played a video with Safari, we had the button at the bottom to select the desired subtitle (Next to "Resolution"). After installing IOS7 this button disappeared.

On the app there is no option for Subtitle selection at all. Just what -SR- said : "automatic", off, or "unknown cc" corresponding to nothing...

Any idea? It's a very annoying problem to be honest.

Edited by jscoys

There is an iOS update coming that will add more playback features.

however, if you can't use those subtitles in the browser, it's not going to work on ios either.  as gcw07, streaming from folder rips is expiremental.