New BETA 3.0.5768.0 won't START

pir8radio
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

pir8radio
Application apears to be running in my task bar but its not doing anything, just sitting there, no web interface is accessable.  Below is my log.

EDIT: Removed old log

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

If it helps, I have DLNA playto and server disabled, i always have.

Help me out guys, angry Woman with no TV standing over my shoulder.....   :o

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Huh....  I didn't have a Chapters.db but mediainfo.db did do the trick... Thanks Luke.

What was the cause?  Just curious so I can try to understand why your suggestion worked...

And how did you decide to suggest this based on my log file?

Edited by pir8radio

well the .1 beta on the website that you could have gotten instead of having to do that. now that it's done, you could grab the update, and then put the file back where it was in order to avoid data loss.

it's caused by a database update procedure with the new release getting abruptly cut off, and then not handling that scenario on the next restart. so basically, you got the update, you restarted the server. then maybe you thought something was wrong so you restarted the server in the middle of it.

pir8radio

That could be true...  I got the update, restarted, and it seemed "Stuck" on the "Loading Emby Server" screen, I looked at the server system usage, and it wasn't using any CPU, and ram wasn't climbing.. so I DID think something was wrong and force killed it and restarted!   Sounds about exactly what you said!  

Thanks!!     

Edited by pir8radio

fraenhawk

well the .1 beta on the website that you could have gotten instead of having to do that. now that it's done, you could grab the update, and then put the file back where it was in order to avoid data loss.

it's caused by a database update procedure with the new release getting abruptly cut off, and then not handling that scenario on the next restart. so basically, you got the update, you restarted the server. then maybe you thought something was wrong so you restarted the server in the middle of it.

I can tell you how that could also happen. Did the .1 update and restart and when it came back it immediately said there was an update for the Auto Box Sets plugin so told me to restart again.

• Like 1

That all happens after the critical upgrades so by the time you get that far they're already done. The library scan and clean db operations are safe to stop and resume any time. It's something that happened earlier that was not safe to abort, although it is now.