NOW TV 2015 5.1 Audio

mitsumaui

mitsumaui

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help me here. 

I have both the original (white) and new 2015 versions of the NowTV box from Sky. I have side-loaded the newest version of the Emby channel from the Emby git repository.

I seem to be having trouble getting any surround audio out of the NowTV boxes. Here is what I have set on the Roku:

- Audio settings to DD+ / DTS

- Emby transcode settings to 30mbps

I can confirm that on the video summary in Emby is showing 5.1, however the AVR I have the Roku plugged into only shows Stereo channels activated (FL / FR). The AVR is a Denon AVR-X2100. The media container varies, but a lot of my content is MKV (video h.264 and audio down mixed to DD 5.1 in most cases). 

Any tips or help with this would be greatly appreciated! I'm not sure if this is specific to the NowTV boxes over Roku, or if there is any other content on the NowTV I can try which may output correctly. 

Thanks in advance!

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Did you have any luck sorting out the problem? Not sure I can be of any help but I have the newer (Black 2015) NowTV box and I am getting 5.1 on my Sony STR DN1040 amp. My source content varies but I'd be happy to test out something (ie. a file of yours) to see if the problem occurs on my setup. PM me if you want to try that - it will likely take me a few days to get back to you though.

Chris.