Anyone else having library issues since the 3.0.5768.0 update?

lulzyatlas

lulzyatlas

By issues I mean my entire library appears to be rebuilding itself, no metadata, no media identified. Even weirder is local content now throws a No Compatible Streams error on the theater front end of the server PC, and as everything is accessible and playable outside of Emby, I'm guessing the server doesn't even believe these newly rediscovered old files are there.

In short, my installation has become unusable as this update appears to have wiped out my library, and the rebuild is seeming buggy, so far it's a lot of gray boxes and incompatible streams. As I ponder a reinstall I'm wondering if anyone else has seen anything weird with their server's database since the update?

Has there been a major change on the library back end? I've gone ahead and cleaned out my metadata folder as the rebuild appeared to be ignoring all prior metadata and redownloading new ones. Should I go hunt down the .db files and force a scratch rebuild?

Edited by lulzyatlas

Koleckai Silvestri

This version has database changes. Could affect things if you don't store your metadata with the media. Mine was mostly fine though the system seems to have decided to download images for all television series again. Even though it is set not to.

Same here ... mostly fine. But as the initial scan took hours and still was only at about 65% i went back to 3.0.5724.6 for now.

Edited by r4m3u5

After upgrading from 3.0.5724.6 to 3.0.5768.1 it looks pretty much the same as w/ 3.0.5768.0

All meta data seems to be unusable (even though it's stored w/ the media) and needs to be downloaded again. After a good 2 hrs the scan shows 35%.

Question is: does it make sense to let the scan finish it's work (which will probably take a good 10+ hrs) or should i go back to 3.0.5724.6 again??

Br

/Jens

the blog mentioned that it's not recommended to roll back due to database changes, therefore you're probably in a unique situation right now. your best bet is just letting the scan finish. 

Happy2Play

Your better off just letting finish the scan unless you want to delete all the databases to roll-back to stable.  Or restore from a backup, if you system backups.

TolkienBard

Pretty much the same problem on my end. The scan hung up around 35% on library scan and 11% on clean-up. After most of the day passed by it moved along again and then once it finished everything went back to normal.

the blog mentioned that it's not recommended to roll back due to database changes, therefore you're probably in a unique situation right now. your best bet is just letting the scan finish. 

By "going back" i meant a full file based restore of Emby in it's entirety leaving no traces of newer/other versions behind. Done this a few times w/o any problems.

Anyway ... as i'm curious how it's gonna turn out i'll let the scan finish it's magic. Back in few hrs ...  ;)

Cheers

/J.

ok, yes, that certainly would be fine. i will have to update the release announcement to let everyone know there are some upgrade procedures and they make take a little time.

• Like 1

I thought I was going mad! Yes! Media scan is taking forever! Glad I'm not experiencing this alone. I will wait for it to finish!

You can look at the log to see that it is processing.

Been checking that like every 2 minutes ... still tempted to abort though ...  ;)

59%

just curious, had you ever allowed the clean database scheduled task to complete with the previous release? by allow i really just mean not doing anything to prevent it, as it runs on it's own.

TolkienBard

just curious, had you ever allowed the clean database scheduled task to complete with the previous release? by allow i really just mean not doing anything to prevent it, as it runs on it's own.

Mine runs about once a week and it still took a number of hours this time around.

i expected the clean task to take time following the upgrade. it is the library scan that is a different story. that should have been no different than any other scan, so i'm trying to find the reason for that so that it can be corrected before bumping the beta to stable.

Yep! Left it untouched until the DB clean-up task went through. Clean-up auto-started right away after the  3.0.5768.1 upgrade (took about 15 min. in parallel w/ the first scan). Then the installation of CoverArt & 2 other plugins kicked in so after these tasks finished i stopped the server and restarted it as a services - that's when the reeeally long scan started (btw.: 63 % right now).

Might be a little OT here ... but is there a way to tell the installer to NOT start the server straight away after an update? As i'm running Emby as a service on a W2k12R2 Server it's inconvenient to wait for the first automatic startup (... system tray), wait for the initial scan, stop the server and then finally being able to start the service.

Br

/Jens

Edited by r4m3u5

Happy2Play

Might be a little OT here ... but is there a way to tell the installer to NOT start the server straight away after an update? As i'm running Emby as a service on a W2k12R2 Server it's inconvenient to wait for the first automatic startup (... system tray), wait for the initial scan, stop the server and then finally being able to start the service.

Br

/Jens

Not with the automated process.  It can be done manually.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Running as a service you will be told to restart your server if you have disabled allow auto restart to apply updates.  Stop your service, go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server,  Delete system.old, rename current System to System.old, go to the Update folder with a zipped update.  Extraction will create a System folder and move to server folder.  Start service.

On the home screen under "Resume" i see all kinds of content (mostly series episodes) appearing and disappearing. I guess that's due to the database filling up with the old/"new" content.

Scan is at 64%, so it's still gonna take a while.

After 3 AM over here ... am calling it a night! Laters!

/J.

Happy2Play

Do you have Chapter Extraction during library scan enabled?  Metadata-Advanced-Chapters

Yep! Chapter extraction enabled.

The scan is finally done - a whopping ~13 hrs run time! But everything looks quite alright now!

There were 7-8 items that were wrongly marked "unseen" again (for all users) and the view order on the home screen had changed.

Both things were a quick fix so i'm a happy camper now running 3.0.5768.1

Cheers

/J.

Edited by r4m3u5