Emby Server 3.0.5768.0 plugin?

pclausen

pclausen

Ok thanks Luke.  I'll hold off until then to make my FreeBSD the "master" for a bit longer then and keep the Windows server up.

spencerisadog

Is there a way to manually update via shell command or is it normal to just wait until it's available as an "easy update" from the FreeNAS installs page?

josh4trunks

Is there a way to manually update via shell command or is it normal to just wait until it's available as an "easy update" from the FreeNAS installs page?

No, freenas plugins which don't have in-app updates need to be updated through the plugin system. Plugins are installed as PBI which don't work like freenas packages.

I just built and uploaded the 3.0.5768.7 version. It should be available tomorrow.

Edited by josh4trunks
  • Like 1

josh4trunks

Sweet! Thanks Josh.

Not there yet, but it's only 6:30 am. :)

the pull usually happens around 3am, but now the repos on a CDN so it might take some time for changes to propogate.

pclausen

I got the new version up and running.  However, when I click the "Please Support Emby" silver dollar, it takes me to the Emby Premier website.  I just want to paste in my supporter key on the local server like I have always done in the past when doing a fresh install.  How do I do that with these newer versions?

rubenverhoef

I got the new version up and running.  However, when I click the "Please Support Emby" silver dollar, it takes me to the Emby Premier website.  I just want to paste in my supporter key on the local server like I have always done in the past when doing a fresh install.  How do I do that with these newer versions?

under help you can find emby premiere there you can paste your key

No, freenas plugins which don't have in-app updates need to be updated through the plugin system. Plugins are installed as PBI which don't work like freenas packages.

I just built and uploaded the 3.0.5768.7 version. It should be available tomorrow.

Just updated - after that emby plugin did not start correctly. 5 seconds after plugin is started it is off again. Anything I can do here ?

Update - after restarting of my FreeNAS it works fine again... thanks for the update!

Edited by cherup

pclausen

I noticed something similar.  If I restart from the Emby web gui, the FreeNAS web gui shows the plug-in as being off.

I don't think you are supposed to use the Emby web gui to shut down the server, but always use the FreeNAS gui instead.

josh4trunks

also I recommend stopping Emby before doing the update. otherwise you'll have a zombie process that references files that have been changed.

sluggo45

I've been using the Freenas GUI to restart my plugin instead of the Emby GUI for a couple releases now and it's worked a lot better. Same with stopping Emby before updating first. Good advice. FreeNAS plugins/jails can be a little tricky sometimes but I prefer them day to day over the old school build it yourself method. 

Thanks again for updating it, working well so far. 

Edited by sluggo45

spencerisadog

Anyone experiencing no cover art or metadata working after the update?  I did a service restart from the FreeNAS gui and everything.  Going to try a complete server restart now.

sluggo45

Anyone experiencing no cover art or metadata working after the update?  I did a service restart from the FreeNAS gui and everything.  Going to try a complete server restart now.

No, been working fine for me. What version did you upgrade from?

rubenverhoef

did you try is metadata manager to refresh the content ( just start with one movie or something)

pclausen

I have noticed that upon a restart of the Emby plugin, my movie count (and collection counts) are lower than they should be until I perform a "Scan media library" task.  It only takes about a minute to run, but it is irritating to have to remember to do that each time.

Counts right after a reboot:

moviecount1.PNG

collectionscount1.PNG

Counts after a scan:

moviecount2.PNG

collectionscount2.PNG

Doing some quick math, it would appear that only the contents of my Blu-Ray and HD-DVD folders are being picked up from my list of Movie folders listed below:

movielibrary.PNG

So I have to perform a scan for the content of those other folders to be picked up.

It is very repeatable.

Edited by pclausen