What happened to People in the recent dev releases?

pclausen

pclausen

Here's the People section in the recent Dev releases?

Here's where it used to be: (FreeNAS 3.0.5724.5 version)

embyfreenas3.0.5724.5.PNG

And in the recent Dev version: (Windows 3.0.5767.1069 version)

embywindows3.0.5767.1069.PNG

The irony is that the issue with fetching People images appears to have been solved as I see a lot more People images when I browse random movies and the last few times I have run the "Refresh People" scheduled task, it runs for hours at a time. (I have have about 50,000 People)

Edited by pclausen

Koleckai Silvestri

I think they decided that the People section was too resource intensive or no one ever used it. I guess it is supposed to be replaced with search but that isn't a real solution. Shame it is gone.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

pclausen

That's a shame.  Our family used it all the time.  I'm definitely seeing a lot more images when I go into individual movies than I did before.  Too bad I can look to get a "big picture" overview of all the actors anymore.

The last refresh I did ran for almost 4 hours, and I have a 100 Mbps fiber Internet connection...

libraryscan10-16-15.PNG

I started another People refresh about 30 minutes ago, and it is slowly working its way through a 2nd pass, currently at 11%.  Sure would be nice to see how its doing without having to go into each movie...

Good day,

As I got word from Luke, but no time to when, that People section will be back, but as a category, same as "collection", so it good news indeed.

My best

pünktchen

Good day,

As I got word from Luke, but no time to when, that People section will be back, but as a category, same as "collection", so it good news indeed.

My best

I wouldn't say good news but better than nothing. I don't like how collections are presented - all across my different movie libraries instead of seperating them to their categories.
  • Like 3

Yes, it still good news as I meant it, since the dev's team remove it for good, so this option at least it a good news.