EMBY on DS215J

MrLinford
Go to solution Solved by Dodgy Bob,

• Solution
Dodgy Bob

Hi,

I'm running a DS1815+ that I've upgraded the memory on, so I don't think I can offer any advice with respect to the actual hardware / type of NAS box you're looking at.

However, with regards to running Emby on it, well, it hasn't been all smooth sailing, I'll put it that way!

Not to turn people off, but I do think that Emby on Synology still has a few kinks to work out. Namely around permissions and scanning media libraries. Sure you can get Emby installed and it will run, that is fairly straight forward if you follow the pinned thread in this forum, "Synology Setup", but if you can't set folders for the Media Library and if the server then falls over once you do get the folders accessed and set, well, that's a bit of an issue.

Anyhow, even so, I'm going back to it this weekend to see what I can sort out; I'm starting over with Emby.

Emby is a great piece of kit - on PCs - no doubt about that. I think it just needs a little more time on Synology NAS's is all.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob.

• Like 2

Gernash

your bet bet is a dual atom https://www.synology.com/en-global/products/DS215+

Any dual core Atom (intel based) or better due to the transcoding...........

Wish: IF I had a DS Play series I'd like to see if emby could use the FFmpeg that is native to that NAS(Or compile a version for it) and if so that would be the better unit (Transcoding via CHIP)

Edited by Gernash