Amulet Voice Remote is liquidating stock!

chef

Guys!

If you don't know about amulet voice remote, it is a pretty cool microphone and mce hibred remote.

Mce is dicontinued which is probably why they are getting rid of everything at amulet.

It works with our friends at vox commando which means it could integrate with emby.

I got one for 250 bucks serval years ago, but now they are selling them for 35 bucks.

Might interest some of you guys who like speech recognition and media!

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Tharnax

Thanks @@chef, I picked up a few.  Really for $34US with shipping, even if I don't take advantage of all the features it still looks like a great remote at an awesome price.  Hopefully, at some point I will be able to use it with Emby to navigate, with 1000+ movies, it'd be great to just be able to say a movie name and have Emby locate the movie to play.

• Like 1

Tharnax

Controllers arrived yesterday and now I have another new toy to play with along with my new Nvidia Shield TV.  Checked today, the price is back up to $149, free shipping is no longer offered and they are OOS!  

Thanks for the post @@chef, they looks like really nice controllers.  I'll find a use for them one way or another, theirs is definitely 100x better than the MCE controllers I picked up a few years ago and with the Amulet's sale price I paid pretty much the same amount for them.

Now just because every time a new device is released and shortly afterwards someone has to create a thread demanding EMBY support it, I'm adding the following:

So when is voice integration with EMBY going to be available?   ;)   I'm sure this is high on the feature request list right!?   :D  Geesh, I don't think I can use EMBY without it now.  LOL!  B)

• Like 1

Tharnax

Excellent, good to know @@ebr, now I just have to figure out what Vox Commando is.  :unsure:   Google search here I come!  So are you suggesting this controller could work using voice commands with the Windows 10 Emby app and/or ET (when it is released)?

Yeah! I bought a second control because they will soon be a thing of the past, and they are cool!

I have emby API speech integration. I built it a long time ago, and stopped releasing public work for it because it was to complicated. But it works great for me!

Pm me if you want it. Direct integration with Windows speech API, and emby API, which is what the remote uses ;) needs a bit of an update but it works :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

Tharnax

Interesting read, 90% was way over my head from a technical perspective but I'm sure as I do more research on Vox Commando it'll make more sense.  Thanks!

Pm me if you want it. Direct integration with Windows speech API, and emby API, which is what the remote uses ;) needs a bit of an update but it works :)

Thanks for the offer, I'll definitely be taking you up on it.  After watching jitterjames video on navigating using voice through Media Browser (EMBY), I'm definitely excited about trying to get it setup.