Alternative Paths

JaredC79

JaredC79

Never leaving well enough alone - i upgraded my processor and switched to a SSD.  I have 8TB loaded in my tower now and 4 attached via usb.  I enabled network shares to everyone on my network for the media files - in alternative paths - it seems like my options were simply matching movies to movies, music to music etc. since the drives were already set up and network shares.  Can it be i finally got off easy with something?

JaredC79

Basically I had issues in the past setting up alternative paths I guess because I am somewhat new to playing with computers in this capacity.  The wiki makes it seems that setting them up is easy when I know the first time I set it up was a little more complex.  I also didn't have the drives set up as network shares off the bat so I had to type out manual paths.  When I used drives that are already shared and mapped to the network, then go into alternative paths - I can literally pair movies to movies, music to music, and I don't think typing in an alternative path was an option

Happy2Play

How did you set up your library?  If you used local drive letters then you will want to setup substitute paths.

Z: is my local drive pool so I added substitute paths.

5624264b3dea4_sub.jpg

JaredC79

Yep, that is how I have it.  I  guess I made too many change to the main computer.  I will delete the Emby repository from root on the Rasp and reinstall.  I guess too many changes to the computer made it too hard for it to pick up.