Metadata dissappeared

djlf

Wait for the initial scan to complete.

Scan completed but majority of movies have source type as folder, with no info showing from previous saved XML files. No id's are showing and only four or five movies are showing the data properly in the editor. Those movies have source type as movie, the rest have folder. Any ideas how to get it all back to previous state ? Has some file gotten corrupted?

They are not being recognized as movies for wahtever reason. Please describe your folder structures.

Folder structure is as outlined in wiki. All was ok before today's update. Classic and theater showing same problem, no metadata. Cannot do a refresh of metadata also.

Any ideas?

Sorry, trying to get kids to bed! The folder structures are drive/BMDV folder , certificate folder, extra fanart folder, extra thumbs folder and then image files and XML file. For DVDs it is the same but with video ts and audio ts folders instead of BMDV and cert folders. Only about four movies are being recognised as movies, the rest are seen as folders. Is there a corrupt XML file or database file that if I delete it and do a new scan the issue cab be resolved? I really appreciate the replys

can we see some screenshot examples? there's nothing you can delete to fix it. we need as much info as possible to understand what's going on.

Hi there, just updated to latest server build and saved metadata has dissappeared. Original XML files are still in movie folders but data is not appearing in editor, theatre or classic clients. Scan media library has restarted but is very slow compared to before update. Any ideas?. Do I need to wait for full scan again or has some XML file become corrupted??

Thanks Luke but I have fixed the problem by changing my drive to UNC format for sharing and everything has come back. Still don't know what caused it all to disappear though. Really appreciate the quick replys from you guys. Have been using mediaportal for years, but now a full convert to your endeavours!!!