How do I fix this Image issue, please?

chef

Hi guys!

I read a while ago, some of the community members where experiencing what I am now experiencing.  How did you guys fix the issue? 

I don't care if the images are smaller in ratio size, but I can not go through all my collection to re-save all my images, and it kind of bugs me when they are not the same size... So... what did you guys do?

Here is what my libraries are starting to look like now:

HowtoFix.png

techywarrior

The way most of us have been fixing it is to download the image from the metadata manager, save it to your PC, edit it in Paint, resave the JPG, reupload the image via metadata manager.

If you did it right then in metadata manager the new version of the image should have dimensions listed below it. You will see that currently those images don't.

The way most of us have been fixing it is to download the image from the metadata manager, save it to your PC, edit it in Paint, resave the JPG, reupload the image via metadata manager.

If you did it right then in metadata manager the new version of the image should have dimensions listed below it. You will see that currently those images don't.

Really!?!

That is a pretty big bug don't ya think? I love my images for my media (I spent years getting just the right images...), but is there a way to completely rest everything? re-download all images so they match sizes?

Or is this image problem on the road map to be fixed?

Edited by chef

techywarrior

Chef, you would just need to resave etc. the 3 new ones that are not right at the moment.

Luke said the next release should fix this bug.

It's happened to me for every new item I have added to the library since the last major release (.5 I think, .6 didn't fix it) but there hasn't actually been that much complaining. Either people don't care, don't notice it, or it just happens to be all the movies I have bought lately.

Looking forward to the next server release just for this fix. lol

• Like 1

pclausen

Speaking of the latest dev version, is it intentional that the People section is missing completely, at least from the web client?  Perhaps this is a step towards fixing the issue with People images missing for existing titles and not updating when doing a metadata refresh?