Emby/Kodi Sync failed on 15.2 R3

e123enitan

Angelblue05

Ah didn't know there was going to be a "boxrear" type... I don't think Kodi holds/can use that type of image... Will fix it and make you test the build.

e123enitan

Ah didn't know there was going to be a "boxrear" type... I don't think Kodi holds/can use that type of image... Will fix it and make you test the build.

OK, seems something new came to light, I will test let me know when and how.

Thanks 

Angelblue05

Just grab the zip in the post above, install it (from zip in Kodi) and restart Kodi. That's it.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

OK 

it seems the issue have been fixed, the sync is wip, no hiccups so far, I shall keep you posted once the process is completed.

Thanks for the quick turnaround solution.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Fail copy paste on my part, sorry. Here try this version and let me know.

Give me a few. Looks like it was some modification im85288 added.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@e123enitan

I think I will need more details to understand what went wrong... It's your show "Scandal", do you have proper season number assigned? How is your structure? 

e123enitan

Fail copy paste on my part, sorry. Here try this version and let me know.

Give me a few. Looks like it was some modification im85288 added.

Ok waiting on your prompt for next action.

Thanks 

Angelblue05

You seem to be missing my posts lol.. check the post above asking about your seasons for your show Scandal. Can you validate they all have season number assigned?

e123enitan

@@e123enitan

I think I will need more details to understand what went wrong... It's your show "Scandal", do you have proper season number assigned? How is your structure? 

The folder & it content are structured like others, I dont see any diff, and there is no issue in past or before the OS was upgraded.  

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Do you have proper season number assigned to your seasons of Scandal, in the metadata manager? That's really what I'm curious about, thanks for validating. :)

561b48c385922_season.png

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

561b4a90bab88_2.png

File structure, to add no evidence of issue on window system 

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

No that is not what I asked. @@e123enitan I'm talking about the seasons in metadata manager. Do your season level actually have season number assigned to them? Thanks.

561b48c385922_season.png

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

No that is not what I asked. @@e123enitan I'm talking about the seasons in metadata manager. Do your season level actually have season number assigned to them? Thanks.

561b4e3181864_3.png

Angelblue05

Please look at the details section, the field "Season Number" and tell me there's a season assigned to it (look at season 1 especially) - Your seasons are not even in proper order in the metadata manager, looks like something is missing and that's why you are getting an error.

Sorry that I can't be clearer.... look at the screenshot that I posted above, on the right side "Season Number", that's what I need to know if there's a number assigned or not... lol.

Edited by Angelblue05

e123enitan

Please look at the details section, the field "Season Number" and tell me there's a season assigned to it (look at season 1 especially) - Your seasons are not even in proper order in the metadata manager, looks like something is missing and that's why you are getting an error.

Sorry that I can't be clearer.... look at the screenshot that I posted above, on the right side "Season Number", that's what I need to know if there's a number assigned or not... lol.

561b576e97eee_4.png

Yes I noticed the wrong sequence, but others have correct sequence #, not sure why its out of order, anyway I see the season # for Scandal, is there anything else I should check.

Thanks 

Edited by e123enitan

Angelblue05

Yea, I can see in your screenshot that the season number is missing. Look on the right section under date added... Add the season numbers missing and your scan should stop crashing. I will fix it for the next version so that it doesn't crash, but for now that will solve your issue.

561b5b5f86c6b_season2.png

e123enitan

It wasn't apparently till know, meaning never show up as issue in prevoius version testing. That meaning the server have omitted these info while dowmloading. Just wondering if should delete all meta data and start a fresh.

xnappo

Yes, before it would silently skip the error(but the episode would not show up), now it causes it to fail...

@@Angelblue05 - I locally changed my code to assign missing seasons to season 99 for the 'specials' case - not sure how we should handle this.  Maybe a dialog box explaining the problem?

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

It's an odd one. I'm wondering why it's not failing like it used to where it would warn about the parent index number missing...

Angelblue05

A fix for this will be in the next release. It will not crash the sync, but instead will skip adding the episode. Afterwards, if you find that the season is missing in Kodi, you can go into the metadata manager, add the number to the season, press save and it will update the entry in Kodi right away. There is no need to do a full resync to correct this discrepancy.

• Like 1