Store server connection info for amazon app

carps624

carps624

I am outTof town visiting my parents and brought my fire tv so that my kids can watch some tv shows through emby.I am having to manually enter in the server ip each time I launch the app. Even though environment login the server connection is not saved.is there any way to save this info? I am able to using the android app on my phone but am having no luck with the fire tv app.

You could use Emby Connect or, once connected, set the option to automatically log in as the current user.

carps624

I am using emby connect - i use the option to sign in with connect, then enter in the pin number on the website. Some times it works and I am logged in but no users display, most times it does not work and I select the option to Log in with Connect again, then reenter the pin online and try again. 

When it does work, there are no options listd under Select a server, and the options listed under Other options are enter manually or logout of connect. 

At this point, I can get it to work if I enter in the server address but it doesn't save the address and I'm stuck doing all these steps again the next time I use the app.

Something is not working properly because you should only need to do that PIN entry once.  After that, it should just present you with the servers or go straight in if there is only one.

You should never see a user selection screen if using Emby Connect.

Be sure the IP address reported on the dashboard of your server for the remote address is the correct one.