Unable to login using an account with a password, or without

FrostByte
Go to solution Solved by above1,

FrostByte

Issue description: Unable to login using an account with a password, or without.

Steps to reproduce: Start Emby from the Smarthub, choose an account from the login screen.  The app locks up, and doesn't continue.  Emby server logs shows the user account successfully logged in.

My TV/HTS/BDPlayer: Samsung UN65J6203

My firmware version: 1009

Other TVs etc. the issue has been reproduced on: N/A

My Emby server version: 3.0.5724.6

My current Emby Samsung client version: Unable to verify version, but deleted app and reinstalled on 10/10

jlmorris, this may not be a bug but some other issue.  We have several users with and without a password that are working fine.  Can you confirm you are loading the latest beta version (which IP are you using) and then we can move this to the beta thread for now until we figure out if there is a bug or just something not configured correctly.  We might might be able to ask some more questions in the other thread

Edit: if the latest beta doesn't work, try the last stable version also to see if that works and we can go from there in trying to help

Edited by FrostByte

Jonathon

jlmorris, this may not be a bug but some other issue.  We have several users with and without a password that are working fine.  Can you confirm you are loading the latest beta version (which IP are you using) and then we can move this to the beta thread for now until we figure out if there is a bug or just something not configured correctly.  We might might be able to ask some more questions in the other thread

Edit: if the latest beta doesn't work, try the last stable version also to see if that works and we can go from there in trying to help

Thanks.  After more digging, I found that I was using the stable version from 173.230.139.54.  I installed the beta version from 86.14.225.93 and retried to login.  I have two user accounts.  One account will login, but it takes 20-30 seconds.  During this time the app is not responding, but does queue up button presses.  The second user will not login, and there is also a 20-30 second delay when the app is not responding.  After which I get control over the login screen again.  Once the first user logs in, the app response is fine.

I am not seeing this behavior on my Emby for Media Center setup, or on with the Fire Stick app.  Both of those log in immediately and the overall system is responsive.  The TV Ethernet cable is connected to the same switch as the Xbox using Media Center, so I don't believe this is network related. 

I am fine with moving this discussion to another thread.  Can an admin move this, or should I start a thread on my own?

Jon

FrostByte

I suppose you have no other Samsung devices to test on, like a D - H series BD player or something?  Nothing you're doing is really out of the ordinary from what others are doing.  There is a possibility that since you have a J series Smart TV that the SDKs which cmcg uses aren't totally compatible.  I think there is a different SDK for each series and he may not have one for yours.  He would need to answer that for sure though.

For the one account that can logon do things seem to work fine once it's logged in?  Which account works, the one with or without a password? 

Jonathon

I suppose you have no other Samsung devices to test on, like a D - H series BD player or something?  Nothing you're doing is really out of the ordinary from what others are doing.  There is a possibility that since you have a J series Smart TV that the SDKs which cmcg uses aren't totally compatible.  I think there is a different SDK for each series and he may not have one for yours.  He would need to answer that for sure though.

For the one account that can logon do things seem to work fine once it's logged in?  Which account works, the one with or without a password? 

I don't have any other Samsung devices.  I removed account that does not work is the one that had the password.  I removed the password from it, and it still does not log in.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue also. All of the other clients log in fine besides the samsung app. it happens on the the wired network and also on the wireless. the sever is showing it logged with the user I select but it hangs on the television for about thirty seconds then I can select a user again. I even downgraded my server software from beta to the stable client with no luck. 

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having this issue and I've been using the client for, well ever since it came out.   I'm unable to log in..

At first it just hung on the emby splash page.  

I deleted the app incase a config setting got corrupt, I reinstalled from the stable release IP:  v.0593

I get to add my server and it picks that up and selecting any user, nothing happens.  Ones w/o PWD it just sits there Ones with PWD I add the PWD and then nothing..  I can't get it to turn over and display the libraries.

Version 3.0.5781.2 on Emby server as of 11/16  - I don't think I've used the client till now

The Emby server shows the TV (UN55F8000) logging in but and the user authenticating but nada.

As the other posters have stated, My other devices log in fast.   Android NP, Roku, WebClient all work without issue.

Anything I can do to help resolved this I'd be more than happy to provide.  

Thanks,

above1

Edited by above1