Exit Live TV

spencerisadog
Go to solution Solved by spencerisadog,

spencerisadog

Okay, I had been running Plex for a few months.  I needed an OTA solution and the ones I had been trying to set up with my FreeNAS server resulted in nightmares.  Over the past hour and a half I have installed Emby, set up my media folders, and already running.  I can watch and record Live TV, but now I'm not entirely sure how to "back out" of the Live TV.  I can bring up the channel menu and pause, jump to the previous channel, or go to the guide (which is awesome by the way) but I can't for the life of me figure out which button to press on my remote to get back to the Emby home.

Using Emby V3.0.5724.5 on FreeNAS 9.3

HDHomeRun Extend

Sony Bravia 2015

Harmony Smart Remote (<-- may be my problem as pressing Guide or Menu take me to the built in guide and TV menu)

Thank you for the help!

• Solution
spencerisadog

For anyone lurking this and thinking, "This guy...." I had to map the "Back" button to my Smart Remote "Exit" button.  That allowed me to go back.  Silly remote.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
cerickso88@gmail.com

I am having the same issue except I'm not using a smart remote.  I have a Shield TV and am using the native remote.  The back button simply 're-tunes' the same live channel.  It does not take me back to the Channel Guide which I would expect.   Like you spencerisadog, I have tried plex but it was a nightmare.  One problem after the other.  I'm hoping this will be easier and more stable.

Thanks

I am having the same issue except I'm not using a smart remote.  I have a Shield TV and am using the native remote.  The back button simply 're-tunes' the same live channel.  It does not take me back to the Channel Guide which I would expect.   Like you spencerisadog, I have tried plex but it was a nightmare.  One problem after the other.  I'm hoping this will be easier and more stable.

Thanks

Hi.  Exactly what button are you pressing on the remote?

cerickso88@gmail.com

The shield remove has a <| triangle back button.   This is the back button.   I did go test Emby on my FireTV and it works fine.  Just the Shield has this problem but this is on our family room so I needs to work (or my wife will reject)

Thanks

And that button works everywhere else except for exiting Live TV playback?

What about other playback?

Can you explain exactly what you are doing and what is happening?  I've never seen or heard of this being an issue.

cerickso88@gmail.com

I figured it out.  The other problem I was having had to do with the license not being accepted and I think they were related.  Pressing the back button was trying to take me to the 'Program Guide" but because it wasn't licensed.  It would fail and go back to live TV.  I removed then reinstalled and its working as I would expect.  Sorry to bother everyone.

Thanks