Hotfix: 3.4.5

7illusions

Vicpa

Hi,

Quick test

Tested a movie MKV DTS audio. Played fine.

LiveTV has some quirks. ScreenSaver kicks in right away. Click on play get spinner then "Video Failed to Play" Click retry starts right away.

Click Stop and back continues to try to load guide channel stuff click back to home screen crashes to desktop. 

Log - 20151008.log

Log - ERROR - PlaybackService - 20151008 191252 - 137.log

Log - FATAL - Application - 20151008 191442 - 173.log

Let me know if you need the server log

Thanks!!! 7

edit:

Opps just remembered that the screensaver kicks in right away when app is in debug. Live TV stuff may be ok if it wasn't fighting with SS.

Did a quick check didn't see anything else. BTW I am on Win 10. a win 8.1 tester would be helpful/

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

Fresh install of Win10.  Need to acquire another developer license and PowereShell is taking awhile

FrostByte

It transcodes fine for me.  The only files I have which need to transcode are MKV/DTS files.  I chose some that are > 20Mbps and everything worked fine.

I looked in the server log and it looked fine, but I noticed it creates empty transcode logs.  Maybe it's always been that way, but thought it wrote something in there

Vicpa

Hi All

Got 355 this am. Transcoding seems to be fine!!!  even getting live TV. :)  I do see transcode logs. as expected. (maybe Frostbyte has some super secret way to not really transcode DTS, LOL)

Thanks 7!!!!

FrostByte

I wish :)  I think was transcoding though   The app said transcoding DTS at the beginning, then Direct playing ACS.  In the Transcoding folder I could see all the transcoded files and in the Server log I see the ffmpeg command, but it created an empty transcode file for each movie.

I tried again this morning and the transcode logs look fine so maybe I just had ghosts.  Everything is good here

Vicpa

Hi,

355, you know that was weird. Was checking server and noticed one machine had updated to 355. (Win 10 Production build 10240). Could swear that I didn't see an update come through the store. Checked the store on another machine and saw no update. Did an uninstall and reinstall from the store (Win 10 fast ring 10547 over latest app beta) and got 355. 

Go figure?

"I wish :) " damn was going to threaten bodily harm if you didn't share...rofl 

-vicpa

FrostByte

Ok, well I'll check the store again later then.  Maybe it's just taking its time getting to all the servers.  Thanks

• Like 1