Samsung App Now Requires Login Credentials?

cdarney3

cdarney3

I'll try setting up Auto-Organize but it seems rather complicated to do something that should be easier.

Did you have to create the folders and structures manually in E:\TV?  Does thast mean you have to create the folder prior to the organize being executed?

The folder structure on my network drive just shows "Series" and "Sports".  The Series folder has two folders below it for the shows I recorded and the Sports folder has NFL Football subordinate to it.   I suspect I have the same issue as with the Series folder in that only recorded a football game yesterday but the folder name and artwork is for "Sports Center".  

A REALLY big question is why is my "Series" folder subordinate to Batman the Animated Series and why is the "Sports" folder Subordinate to Sports Center?  The Batman and Sports Center information does not show up in my physical folder structure so Emby must be doing this?  How can I make Series and Sports be top level folders in Emby?

paulsalter

TV folder is how I set it up

E:\TV

then under that I have Show name, then within that one folder per season

then I name all my files as Show_Name SxxExx - Episode title.xxx

The only time I need to manually do anything with auto organise is when the EPG does not have the season\episode number in it, so the recording just gets a generic title with the show name, as I use Media Portal for recording this has nothing to do with Emby

cdarney3

TV folder is how I set it up

E:\TV

then under that I have Show name, then within that one folder per season

then I name all my files as Show_Name SxxExx - Episode title.xxx

The only time I need to manually do anything with auto organise is when the EPG does not have the season\episode number in it, so the recording just gets a generic title with the show name, as I use Media Portal for recording this has nothing to do with Emby

So, initially, you manually created all of the folders for Shows, Seasons, etc.?  What tells Organize to use E:\TV as a destination?  I only see where I can add my source name - \\ReadyShare\USB_Storage\TV Recorded.

Vidman

Yes for auto organise to work you currently must already have the TV series folder scanned in so that auto organise can correctly identify and copy/move/rename scanned files to the correct location.

It seems tho that someone has recently taken on the challenge of improving the auto organise feature so there may be some changes to this behaviour soon

Edited by Vidman

cdarney3

Yes for auto organise to work you currently must already have the TV series folder scanned in so that auto organise can correctly identify and copy/move/rename scanned files to the correct location.

It seems tho that someone has recently taken on the challenge of improving the auto organise feature so there may be some changes to this behaviour soon

I would ask again, though, how does Auto-Organize know the destination folders?  I only remember seeing the source folder...that folder is identified in Media Folders.  In my case that's \\ReadyShare\USB_Storage\Recorded TV.  I created another folder set \\ReadyShare\USB_Storage\TV Recorded.  Auto-Organize must have some way to know to copy the files there.

Vidman

And i will answer again...It puts the episode identified in the auto organise folder into the existing TV show folder that is already defined and scanned into your library

Edited by Vidman

fluffykiwi

@@cdarney3 Basically within the folder you created called TV Recorded you should create a folder for each show, called the show name, e.g. The Muppets 2015, American Horror Story, From Darkness 2015, etc.

You then add the TV Recorded folder into the Library in Emby Server.

Turn on Auto Organise.

Everything should then automatically show correct descriptions, backgrounds, thumbnails, etc, after a library scan.

Could you confirm what filenames your recorded tv uses?

This should allow us to explain how auto organise uses the filename to identify where to move the folder as they are usually named something like Series.Name.S01E04.Episode.Four.mkv

For my own non Live/Recorded TV setup, in Emby server I have added a media folder of content type TV.

I have added a Media Location within that which is pointed at my network drive Television folder.

Within my networked Television folder each show has a folder, and within that are folders named Season 1, Season 2, etc.

Emby will then automaticslly download all Metadata, including images for series, backdrops, etc.

Auto-Organise then simply looks at the folder my episodes are stored in, checks the filenames and uses these to moves them into the previously created show folders. You can modify the episode filename pattern it looks for within the Emby Server Auto Organise settings.

It also automatically tracks when new episodes are expected in the Upcoming Menu.

Whenever I start watching a new series I simply create a folder for it within my networked Television folder and Emby does the rest automatically when it scans the library. Pretty simple in my opinion.

Edited by fluffykiwi

cdarney3

WOW!  This actually worked!!  Things may not look EXACTLY the way I want them but I might be able to figure it out now!!

Thanks VERY much for everyone's help.

...Chuck

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
aras65

Hello, Please Guide me. I have Emby account, but I can not connect to server. I have no idea to create a server. I have samsung UN55ES8000.

FrostByte

Hello, Please Guide me. I have Emby account, but I can not connect to server. I have no idea to create a server. I have samsung UN55ES8000.

You must install and setup server before you can use a client to connect to it.  

https://emby.media/download.html

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki

Edited by FrostByte

• 2 months later...

Emby for Samsung Tizen 1.0.61 has been released for 2015-2019 models. Please try it out and stay tuned to the blog for release notes. Thanks !