Live Tv for multiple tv's is possible?

rafinha

rafinha

Hi guys,

I don't know how it works, so a have few questions about what I need as hardware and if is possible or not do it.

If I have a dish like Sky, Directv or something else, is possible connect to my Emby server to stream to my FireTV? What I need do?

Case I can do it for the question 1, can I do it for multiple TV's? Like my bedroom and my TV room? If yes, each room will see the same channel, or can I choose different channel's for each tv?

Thanks guys,

;)

Spaceboy

I have sky

I have a tbs6984 dvbs2 card, but tbh I probably wouldn't recommend them, had lots of trouble with a newer version. Other makes are available. I use oscam and a smart card reader for receiving encrypted channels.

Software is dvblink, again others are available

So 1 certainly

2 not sure, I'm actually using the kodi client as I find dvblink works much better with kodi than emby. Here I can have as many separate streams as I want. 4 feeds from the satellite plus dvblink can take several streams per transponder simultaneously, up to 12 encrypted streams and limitless fta

• Like 1

Nologic

#2 is possible, but you need more than 1 tuner if you are to have more than 1 TV going at a time.

I have 2 HDHomeRun Primes, each has 3 tuners in it...this allows me to have a max of 6 going at a time, minus however many maybe dedicated to recording something scheduled.

So I could have 2 Roku's going + 2 PC's + 2 shows being recorded on the server.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Yeah my 2 comment was specific to dvblink I think. A while ago you could only get emby to use one dvblink stream at a time, a second ended the first, not sure if this was fixed

Regarding #2 most TV-Server software let you play channels on the same MUX (Freq) with only one tuner. So it depends on how many MUX'es your provider has and how the channels are distributed on them.  Sky (england) usually have 3-6 HD channels on the same MUX and 10-15 SD channels.