Emby for Kodi + Cinema Mode + MPC-HC

Dataman100
Go to solution Solved by Dataman100,

Dataman100

I have Emby for Kodi installed and the server configured with Cinema Mode enabled to play 2 trailers then my intro video.  I use MPC-HC as an external player and configured in playcorefactory.xml as follows:

<rules action="prepend">
 <rule filetypes="mkv|mp4|m4v|mov|m2v|avi|divx|ts|mpeg|mpg|ogm|iso|wmv|flv" player="MPC-HC">
 <rule name="streams" protocols="daap|m2ts|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|rtmpe|http|https|rtsp|mms|rtp|pvr" player="DVDPlayer"/>
 </rule>
 </rules>

(Intro video is in .m2ts format)

In previous versions of the add-on, it would play the 2 trailers and intro video in DVDPlayer then switch to MPC-HC to play the movie (mkv file).  Now when I select a movie, it plays the 2 trailers and intro video in DVDPlayer, then plays the movie in DVDPlayer as well.  It never switches to MPC-HC.

I did notice that previously, when it was playing the trailers and intro video, the Kodi status bar (that shows when you move the mouse) would show the name of the trailer (or intro video) and would allow me to skip the trailer/video and go right to the movie with the ->| button.  Now, it only shows the name of the movie, (even though the trailer/intro is currently playing) and doesn't allow me to skip them, e.g. nothing happens when I click that button.

I remember reading somewhere that Cinema Mode creates a playlist for Kodi, (which would explain how I could skip the trailers/intro), but now it seems like it doesn't do that anymore.  Now it appears to concatenate them all together into one.

I'm using direct play (SMB path is reachable from Kodi machine), but not direct stream, (play from HTTP isn't enabled) or local paths for the movie.  I'd like to get back to the way it was, as I'd like to continue to use MPC-HC.  I've attached the log file.

Thanks,

Dave

kodi.log

Angelblue05

Yeah, I was undecided when implementing stack://. I will fix this for next release. Currently I merge everything into one playable item for Kodi rather than creating a playlist. What I'll do is make a playlist: [trailers, intros], [main item]. This way you can get the same previous behavior.

Thanks for reporting. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Dataman100

Thanks Angel!  You and all the Devs on this totally rock.  So glad I became a lifetime supporter.

Will this be part of the next server version or the next add-on version?

Thanks again!  :)

Dave

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
Dataman100

Hi Angel,

Just wanted to confirm this all works properly again 1.1.48.  The trailers play in DVDPlayer and the movie plays in MPC-HC.  I can skip trailers with the "Next" button again.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!

Dave

• Like 1