Subtitles embedded in .mkv not working

Inrego

Inrego

In some videos, when subtitles are embedded in an .mkv file - they are recognized and automatically selected (from my language preferences). But they simply do not show up on the video.

Here's the info under Subtitle in Media Info:

Subtitle

Languageeng
CodecSRT
DefaultYes
ForcedNo
ExternalNo

I've tested other mkv's with embedded subtitles that do work (although they took some time to show). I've also tested on Chromecast, same result.

Do you need any other information from me?

EDIT: version: 3.0.5724.6

Edited by Inrego

Hi,

I can confirm what looks like the same behaviour, but have just given up. Have created some posts about this from earlier server versions.

Waiting for the outcome of you postings and debugging  :) But please continue working together on a solution for you.

Workaround could be external subs, or emby creates a scheduled mkv srt extractor in the future, because falling back to transcode because it takes to long to extract the subs before the 60 seconds simply does not happen for my setup..

Sorry for giving up.

• 2 months later...

What's the status of this? SRT subtitles embedded into MKV seem not to function as intended. In fact it breaks the video playback experience due to the way it will start to behave. Like dual subtitles being played simultaneously, one line of subtitle is repeated on the line below. Only option is to turn off. Thoughts?

What's the status of this? SRT subtitles embedded into MKV seem not to function as intended. In fact it breaks the video playback experience due to the way it will start to behave. Like dual subtitles being played simultaneously, one line of subtitle is repeated on the line below. Only option is to turn off. Thoughts?

This was resolved. For Media Playback Issues please see http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/