General Question/Information?

cdarney3

cdarney3

I've loaded the 0.592 version for my Samsung F6400 TV.  I'm able to connect to my HD HomeRun connect without issue.  A coupel of questions I have about using the app:

- When I load the app I get the screen labeled "TV" with  "Resume All Items" and "TV Next Up" box on the screen.  All of the artwork - for the main screen and the option boxes - show artwork for Batman The Animated Series.  Where did this come from?!?  I would not have that available on my antenna system.  Did I get there accidentally?  Can it be changed?

- I seem to lose access to recorded shows after having watched them.  Are they supposed to go away once watched?  I'm hoping not.

- Are there any menus/options available while streaming video?  I did find it possible to fast forward/rewind but that was difficult and the ability to do so stopped after using it once or twice.  Perhaps this will work better with the latest release.

- Is there any way to delete a TV show after watching it?  Most shows, once watched, are of no use to me.

- Is it possible to configure the Samsung app screen to look a little more like what I see on my server (Windows 7)?  There I get clip art for the series I have and a better interface for seeing the shows I currently have recorded as well as the latest recordings.

If there's documentation on using this Samsung app, PLEASE point me to it!  I have no problem using written documentation.

In general, this has been great!  I was able to easil setup and configure my "DVR" in a very short time.

Thanks for any information...Chuck

FrostByte

The artwork is randomly chosen from movies/series you have in your library or taken from one of the backgrounds from the movie/episode you last highlighted

Not sure about recorded shows, my downloaded episodes get marked watched, but they are still there for viewing later. Can you still see them in the webclient?

The menus are being redone to look like the webclient you see in Win7.  If you click Tools and then Settings you can change the things you see on the main page

The help is limited at this time and somewhat incorrect as things have recently changed.  This is one of the areas being retooled.  Pressing the Info key will give you a short key list at the moment

You can't delete movies/episodes from the app at this time.  Maybe a feature request?

Edited by FrostByte

fluffykiwi

Watched shows get removed from New TV and Latest and unwatched, but still remain available in All, Genre and A-Z.

You can choose what appears on the initial screen within the settings. I personally have the top row showing Media Folders and the bottom row showing New TV.

This allows me to instantly view unwatched New TV and removes from view those I've watched.

There is a good selection of options.

Edited by fluffykiwi