Locked fields are being overwritten

cici

I've looked and haven't found any posts on this topic. If there is already, please redirect me.

I have Emby server v3.0.5724.6 (just updated today). In the Metadata Manager, you can lock fields so that the information doesn't get overwritten.  I have a Media folder called "Movies".  As I understand it, doing a refresh under this folder will refresh everything within that folder.  However, doing so also overwrites any locked fields.  Is this a bug or is this by design?  If I do a Library refresh in Manage Server under Library or Scheduled Tasks, this doesn't happen.  Thanks for any help on this matter.

Okay, here's an example. I have a movie in my Movies folder where I've locked the fields "Name" and "Genre" (see screenshot below).

560ebc99038d0_Movielocked.png

In my Movies folder, I click the "Refresh" button, which refreshes all the movies inside that folder.

560ebcc26ddb6_Moviesfolder.png

After doing the refresh, I go back to the movie and both locked fields have been reset.

560ebcda53825_Movieunlocked.png

And because of this, the genres have reset itself as well.

Edited by cici

Yes, I use local metadata files. They're xml.

By the way, I just tried locking the Name and Genre fields again.  And even though the server shows they're locked (even after a refresh of the page), I don't see it in the xml file.

I don't know if this is related, but I added a new movie to my library. The metadata shows up on the server, but there is no xml or nfo file?? Typically, the file is located inside the folder where the movie is located.  Have they been moved to another location?  And in the server under Metadata - Services, there is no option to select XML as Metadata saver anymore??

560ed13348c40_ServerMetadata.png

Edited by cici

Yesterday, I uninstalled then reinstalled the server, and the xml option for Metatdata saver came back, and editing a movie in Metadata Manager saved to its corresponding xml file properly.  Today, it stopped working again. The metadata won't save to the xml, and the option to save metadata to XML has disappeared again.  Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

561f86f257b0c_1x.jpg

I am having this same problem too but instead of "Movies" it is for "Seasons" that has no Emby XML under Metadata savers. Uninstalling and reinstalling server does not fix it for me. Provided a log where I select seasons for Media Type and it loads.

server-63580478031.txt

I tried installing the server (Version 3.0.5724.6) on a different computer and the Season field also does not have Emby XML as a Metadata saver. Is this normal?

Our metadata format is now NFO.  We provide XML for compatibility but it isn't included in new installations.

Our metadata format is now NFO.  We provide XML for compatibility but it isn't included in new installations.

On a newly installed server I am still seeing Emby XML as a metadata saver for the other fields (Movies, Series, Episodes, Home Videos) except for only Seasons which does not have it.

The current server that I use it shows the same behavior.

Happy2Play

Yes, xml has been missing/removed from seasons for the at least 2 releases that I can think of.  As ebr stated this will all change with new installs when the dev version gets released and you have to use a plugin for xmls.  And the plugin doesn't provide season xmls either.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

Thank you for clearing that up. I suppose I will have to transition to nfo now, There does not seem to be a clear way of converting from xml to nfo though.

A topic i found related to this http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26242-how-do-i-convert-my-emby-metadata-from-xml-to-nfo-format.

I started to convert the xmls to nfo by refreshing at the library level (Movies, TV etc).

56242a0503890_20151018_162321.jpg

This in turn created an nfo version of the xml for Movies. Great!

Issue: Refreshing at the TV library level only creates an tvshow.nfo but does not drill into the sub folders so there are no nfo files for Episodes/Seasons. As it is in order to create nfo files for Seasons/Episodes you would have to go series by series and refresh at the Series level.

Can this be fixed please? It would take a substantial amount of time going through series by series and running a refresh.

Everything in this thread is unrelated to the original topic, which is a sure fire way to have end up being forgotten forever.