Video Extras Kodi Plugin

maximilianh75

maximilianh75

Any news about adapt this kodi plugin to work with emby database. Because it's very important for listing extra content work with TV SHOWS and Movies

I Installed but impossible to get work Never find the EXTRA folder

• Like 1

im85288

From what I see the extras are not scanned into the kodi database so therefore do not need to be scanned into the emby database. It looks like you can set any custom folder/location for your extras so it should be working fine with this addon. For maximum compatibility with kodi add ons (e.g. TVTunes, CinemaExperience) etc you would be best setting the option in the settings to use direct paths.

maximilianh75

From what I see the extras are not scanned into the kodi database so therefore do not need to be scanned into the emby database. It looks like you can set any custom folder/location for your extras so it should be working fine with this addon. For maximum compatibility with kodi add ons (e.g. TVTunes, CinemaExperience) etc you would be best setting the option in the settings to use direct paths.

Yes I make work this way and add a button to info screen of your artic skin that you make it,  but not a really solution because when i try to use extra folder o tag inside the folder of tv show or movie not working

In this way we are limited to the client and not integrated to the server 

I don't know why plugin not detect extras folder or tag in files

If you have any idea to why not detect EXTRAS folder let me know

Vidman

I think to be picked up by emby server , TV shows extras go in the "season 00" or "specials" folder which is located for each TV series at season level and for movies they go in the extras folder located in the same folder as the movie file..... This works for me

So extras are then available to emby clients that support them

Edited by Vidman

maximilianh75

I think to be picked up by emby server , TV shows extras go in the "season 00" or "specials" folder which is located for each TV series at season level and for movies they go in the extras folder located in the same folder as the movie file..... This works for me

So extras are then available to emby clients that support them

I have season 0 folder in a some tv shows but kodi not pick up. For that reason i install the VIDEO EXTRAS PLUGIN

Maybe a I missed something 

Special folder work great in Emby WMC and Web client. The problem is in kodi

Edited by maximilianh75

maximilianh75

Yes the emby for kodi addon doesn't support extras/specials yet

I ask in VIDEO EXTRAS PLUGIN for network custom path. Maybe Can Match or the autor add some function for emby

It's a matter of time and goodwill :)

• 1 month later...

I am interested to know how to make extras show up. For TV Shows it is very easy and it is working. You just put them in specials folder and kodi shows them.

My problem is with extras for movies. I make an extras folder inside a movie folder and put files in it. It is scanned correctly and shows in the Emby Server Browser.

My problem is that I want to make them show up in kodi. I also installed the Extras plugin but it does not show any extras. Important to note that my kodi client reads

the Emby Server files through HTTP and direct path (that I don't know what it means) does not work. Please help. What to do for movie extras?