Two Media Locations For Movies, Frequetly Requiring Library Scan

BigGoose62
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

BigGoose62

I just added a second media location for my movie collection. It's located on a separate HDD due to necessity. Anyway, occasionally I will boot up my HTPC (which is what runs emby) and only the movies from the first media location (original) will be displayed. I have to manually scan library, and then they all appear like they should. I'm not sure if there's a setting somewhere I need to adjust, or if the issue lies with the media locations being on separate HDDs.

Thanks

The issue probably lies with one of the hard drives not being available when you boot up.  How is it connected?

BigGoose62

The issue probably lies with one of the hard drives not being available when you boot up.  How is it connected?

Both the HDDs are connected with SATA cables

BigGoose62

And do either of them sleep?

To really get anywhere, we'd probably need to see a server log from when the problem occurs.

How to Report a Problem

No they are not set to sleep. I will attempt to recreate it and grab a server log

Happy2Play

Well all this log snippet shows is you have a network issue.  Is Emby starting before all resources are available?

The remote name could not be resolved: 'connect.emby.media'

The remote name could not be resolved: 'www.mb3admin.com'

How about the whole log.

You can upload your log file to Paste2 or a DropBox account and then post the link in your topic.

Edited by Happy2Play

Could be that the server is coming up before the network interface on the machine has had a chance to initialize itself (indicated by the fact that you can't get out to the internet).

But, as Happy says, please attach the whole log in one of the ways described in the document to which I linked.  Thanks.

BigGoose62

OK, sorry. How about this? The first one is from this morning, but it seems short. The second is from 3 days ago, and is much longer. I'm not sure what you guys mean by the whole log. I copied the entire text that was given. Maybe I'm missing something? Sorry for the confusion.

Also, I have an SSD as my boot drive, and then three HDDs for my media storage locations. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it? Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it!

http://paste2.org/K9cM5Zfk

http://paste2.org/X8fyApjF

I don't see any problems that would be related to this in either of those logs.  Are you getting them from the log directory as outlined in the topic I linked to?

The best thing to do is to set your logging to debug mode (server dashboard advanced) then reproduce the problem then attach just that log.

BigGoose62

I don't see any problems that would be related to this in either of those logs.  Are you getting them from the log directory as outlined in the topic I linked to?

The best thing to do is to set your logging to debug mode (server dashboard advanced) then reproduce the problem then attach just that log.

Ok, I didn't have debug logs on. So I enabled them and restarted the server.

I just noticed something else too. If I launch emby server, my movie collection only displays from the first location until I scan my library to force it to find the second location. But when I restart the server from the dashboard it gives me the same issue and only the first location is loaded up. So it's not just an issue with the PC booting up. It's emby not recognizing the second location when the server starts up.

New log: http://paste2.org/L5xsYWGz

No relevant errors in that log either.  How about one that contains the library scan that fixes the problem?  Maybe we can back into the cause that way.

BigGoose62

No relevant errors in that log either.  How about one that contains the library scan that fixes the problem?  Maybe we can back into the cause that way.

Thank you for your patience on this.

before scan: http://paste2.org/w8acEzhb

after scan: http://paste2.org/mw7ZfhYG

other log that is updated when I restart: http://paste2.org/VF3Np2nZ

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Those are physical drives and not mapped network drives, right?

Which location seems to get "lost"?

BigGoose62

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

Those are physical drives and not mapped network drives, right?

Which location seems to get "lost"?

Yes, physical drives. The one that doesn't seem to be loading is F:\Movies\Title. That is the second media location, which i recently added to the server. So this is my first attempt at linking a second media location to the same media type.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Your before scan shows Emby watching both locations.

2015-10-03 12:20:05.6174 Info - LibraryMonitor: Watching directory F:\Movies\Title

2015-10-03 12:20:05.6174 Info - LibraryMonitor: Watching directory E:\Movies\Title

Looks like your easiest solution would be to add a trigger for Emby to do a Library Scan at startup as a workaround.

• Like 1

BigGoose62

Your before scan shows Emby watching both locations.

2015-10-03 12:20:05.6174 Info - LibraryMonitor: Watching directory F:\Movies\Title

2015-10-03 12:20:05.6174 Info - LibraryMonitor: Watching directory E:\Movies\Title

Looks like your easiest solution would be to add a trigger for Emby to do a Library Scan at startup as a workaround.

That sounds like a good idea. How would I implement something like that?

Happy2Play

Open Scheduled Task-click on the task (not the run button).

BigGoose62

Open Scheduled Task-click on the task (not the run button).

This seems to have done the trick! Thank you both for your help