Seeking Issues FF / RW

ozrex

[Nexus Player on latest beta]

Two issues / feature requests:

1. When seeking a video with the right and left arrow buttons on the remote, it now seeks +/- 30 seconds.  Is there a way of displaying a seek bar to display the seek operation?  I understand you probably can't show the normal OSD as the left/right arrow buttons would then start changing focus to different buttons on the OSD when displayed.

2. When seeking via the OSD pressing the rw or ff icons on the OSD, if I am trying to seek half way into a movie for example (at 30 second increments), I keep mashing the seek forward icon on the OSD and it skips on the timeline but after a few seconds the OSD timeout occurs and the OSD disappears (and seeks to where seeking got up to), then if I continue mashing the OK button as if I am still seeking, it obviously brings up the OSD and the default icon is then play/pause so it pauses.

2. When seeking via the OSD pressing the rw or ff icons on the OSD, if I am trying to seek half way into a movie for example (at 30 second increments), I keep mashing the seek forward icon on the OSD and it skips on the timeline but after a few seconds the OSD timeout occurs and the OSD disappears (and seeks to where seeking got up to), then if I continue mashing the OK button as if I am still seeking, it obviously brings up the OSD and the default icon is then play/pause so it pauses.

I don't understand this.  As long as you are interacting with the screen, the OSD should remain visible.  I'll have to test it.

In the mean time, have you considered using the chapters to get closer to where you want to be instead...?

Never thought of trying chapters, works great for that purpose, especially after I turned on chapter image extraction in emby server.

I don't understand this.  As long as you are interacting with the screen, the OSD should remain visible.  I'll have to test it.

In the mean time, have you considered using the chapters to get closer to where you want to be instead...?

Yeah this has been happening since the early days of the beta for Android TV.  I posted about it a few times but you weren't able to recreate.  Sitting on my couch right now I can make it happen and it still happens 100% of the time.  

1) Watch show.

2) Pull up OSD, navigate to jump forward or jump back button

3) Hit OK, see the time display change (it hasn't seeked yet so you can keep jumping)

4) Keep hitting OK every ~1 second.  Time keeps jumping

5) After a few seconds, no matter what, the OSD will disappear on its own. The inactivity timer is expiring and not resetting with the OK button presses.

6) This causes the subsequent OK presses to pull up the OSD which defaults to the play/pause button so you inadvertently start pausing it.  

Hope you can find it :)   Not a big deal, the app is still awesome enough for daily use and even my 4yr old daughter uses it since about late May.  Love it. 

• 2 weeks later...