No Search and No Suggestions

hjone72
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

hjone72

Hi,

I have noticed that with a few of my users they are unable to use the search function nor does Emby provide any suggestions based on shows they are watching.

• When they use the search function it simply returns them to the Home screen.
  • Suggestions displays a message "Start watching shows for suggestions to appear"
  • Next up displays a similar message.
  • No icons appear for any of the Library's i have added (Movies, TV Shows, etc)

It seems to only be affecting some user accounts.

Thanks,

Well for search we'll need more information to find out why they're getting sent to the home screen. Please see: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

For the others, are they new users that you've created? those messages are normal at first when the user hasn't watched anything or marked anything as liked or favorite.

hjone72

ebr, The box "Allow access to all library's is ticked".

Luke, The users seeing the problems definitely have episodes that have been marked as "watched"

Thanks,

hjone72

Hi guys,

I am happy to send through the logs but absolutely nothing shows in the server.log relating to the search. Is there a different log i should be looking in?

Thanks,

that's ok, please post anyway. make sure the log covers the time frame from when the users attempted to do certain things that didn't work right

one thing you can do is check the web interface for those users and make sure the watch states are actually there. 

and are there next episodes available? you should login in with that user account and browse around and make sure the content is all there. whether its' there or not will help us solve this. also, are any of them hooked up to trakt? if so you can try removing their trakt accounts for a while, then watching some content and seeing if things start resolving themselves.

hjone72

Okay, so it seems like the Next Up was me being a total idiot. Sorry.

Regarding "Suggestions" is it purely based on "Next Up" or is it supposed to be showing shows "Because you liked Blah, you should check out BlahBlah" ?

Any ideas regarding the Search?

Thanks,

suggestions shows a combination of resumable titles and next up episodes. for movies it does the "because you watched..."

i guess you have to walk me through the search problem a little more. what browser and version? can you be more descriptive of what happens?

@@hjone72 I am making you last reply hidden, do not worry, Luke and other admin can see it, unless it fine with you for anyone to see that, then let me know.

hjone72

Hi Abobader,

The user account provided is quite restricted so it wasn't of any real concern, I do however appreciate you making that change for me.  :)

Thanks,

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Using Chrome I logged in and it was stuck (wouldn't search) so I hit F5 to refresh and search began to work.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Luke may be able to say but every browser is reacting differently to Emby, nine times out of ten clearing the browser cache fixes the issue.

• Like 3

• Solution

Thanks happy2play. I think there might be an issue of some server resources from previous versions getting loaded. So likely caching. I'll look at it for the next release

• Like 1