HD Homerun Tuner Access Repeatedly Breaks

mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer

I am running the 3.0.5724.6 server version on a Windows 10 Pro 64bit machine.  I use either Emby Theater or the web interface for access. I use the native support in the server for the HD Homerun tuner. It always works perfectly after installation, but then Live TV access suddenly stops when I try to open a stream with this familiar message:

Playback Error

No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details. 

I have re-installed the server several times with the same result: tuner access is perfect after the install, but something breaks it after a couple of days use. Other media play fine. I also have the dvblink software installed to access the tuners from my Synology server. I can use that software to access the tuner from my Synology server using the dvblink plugin for the Emby server. Same result with it. Works for a while, then tuner access stops with the same error message.

A couple of days ago a tried a server reinstall and set up its native support for the Homerun tuners. Worked fine initially. Same problem in evidence after a couple of days. 

I am attaching the server log and would appreciate any help that could be given to resolve the problem. 

To the extent it may be relevant, I also use the current version of Kodi, and have it set up to use the dvblink software to access the hd homerun tuners from my Synology server. The Emby plugin is used in Kodi as well. I don't get the errors reported here using that approach. 

Log.txt

please enable debug logging under advanced, restart the server, and then repeat the test. thanks.

revengineer

For me live TV does not work either on emby theater. The main live TV page never loads any content and if I just select the channel square, I eventually get "Error: There was an error processing the request" The server logs do not show any entries.

Attached is the log after the debug mode was activated.

In your case, we're unable to pull the lineup from your HDHR

Error getting response from http://192.168.0.22/lineup.json

So you should make sure that the ip address is correct, that the HDHR is turned on and connected to the network, and that it supports the Dlna features that newer HDHR's have. If it does not support these features then you should add your tuner using Add -> Other

mobilelawyer

I just checked the ip address for the tuners and it is now 192.168.0.26. But it may have been...22 when the log was generated. The tuners were on and connected to the network. It is the HDHR4-2US, which support the DLNA features. But when the no access error comes up, it is impossible to get into Emby to configure the tuners. You get the spinner and the error message. I will work on it tonight.

This is an ignorant question, I know, but I suppose I ought to assign a static IP for the tuners. I guess that might a source of the problem. I have a static IP, of course, for the Synology, and the Emby Server. I guess the computer must be rebooting for, perhaps a windows update, and the ip address of the tuners changes. Should that be a problem for Emby?

it couldn't hurt to assign a static ip for the tuner. currently emby can detect your tuner on the network, but this detection is not always instantaneous so it might leave a period of time where nothing is available. this is something i'll refine in a future release. for now, if the tuner ip address is regularly changing then i would consider a static ip for it.

mobilelawyer

Set up a static IP address for the tuner and reinstalled Emby server. Given the way the problem evidenced itself, there is simply no way to fix the issue without a re-installation, since the tuner configuration is not available in the set up tab: you simply see the spinning access symbol and cannot check the tuner configuration.

This time, instead of deleting all data, I checked to box to simply delete the configuration settings and logs. This allowed me to get set up fairly quickly without having to reestablish the paths to my various media files.

I sincerely hope my router's re-assignment of a new IP address is what causes the issue. Now that there is a static address, the issue will be resolved if the re-assignment is what caused the problem in the first place.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the next week, and if the problem does not re-occur, we can be confident the issue is in fact resolved.

well, it is available, you just have to wait for it to timeout first. but glad you got it working.

mobilelawyer

Oops! I did not know that it would eventually time out!  Are we talking about the same window? When I clicked on a channel to tune, I would see the spinner and then eventually get the message that the tuner was not available. But I went back to the tuner configuration tab, it seemed to be stuck forever in the searching mode. So, if this particular issue comes back, when the timeout is reached, the spinner stops and I will be able to see and reset the tuner configuration. That is good to know, but I hope the point is moot!!

shpitz461

Set up a static IP address for the tuner and reinstalled Emby server. Given the way the problem evidenced itself, there is simply no way to fix the issue without a re-installation, since the tuner configuration is not available in the set up tab: you simply see the spinning access symbol and cannot check the tuner configuration.

This time, instead of deleting all data, I checked to box to simply delete the configuration settings and logs. This allowed me to get set up fairly quickly without having to reestablish the paths to my various media files.

I sincerely hope my router's re-assignment of a new IP address is what causes the issue. Now that there is a static address, the issue will be resolved if the re-assignment is what caused the problem in the first place.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for the next week, and if the problem does not re-occur, we can be confident the issue is in fact resolved.

This happened to me as well. I deleted the channels.xml and all is well. Per Ebt's suggestion, I didn't add the tuners in Emby. I just user ServerWMC plugin that interfaces with WMC, and it works great.

I do have another issue with the HDHR (I have 2 CONNECT tuners), they go offline randomly, only way to get them back up is reboot them.

I've opened a ticket with SiliconDust, they are going to replace one of my tuners, so right now I only have one.

When this happens to you, do you still have access to the tuners? can you ping them?

When mine goes offline, when i open the HDHR Config utility, it will not show in the list to the left.

revengineer

The tuners dropping off the network sounds like a DHCP lease issue. I know you have a static IP assigned but depending on implementation it could still be tied to DHCP renewals.

mobilelawyer

Since I set up the static IP for the tuners about a week ago, the problem has not come back. I am cautiously optimistic that the problem is now resolved.