Chrome Win 10 issue mouse hover/context menu issue

Olywa123
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

Olywa123

I have a strange issue for the past week or so on my main HTPC (Win 10 64bit), used as both server and main client that manifests itself in the following two ways using chrome:

1. I cannot right click any items (movies/shows) to bring up the context menu (Play/share/open/download/etc.)
  2. If I hover over an item (thumbs/covers) from any screen the black ‘slide up’ (with the ratings, runtime, play button, etc.) does not appear
I’ve done lots of testing and I do not believe this is an issue with emby itself, more an issue with Chrome and Win10 but hoping someone might have seen this behaviour and have an idea.

• Testing results where the issue occurs and things I have tried (unsuccessful):
  • Chrome 64bit/32bit/various versions incl. beta on Win 10 64bit.
  • Checked Windows for errors
  • Disabled AV software and chrome extensions
  • Reviewed Chrome settings with a fine toothed comb
  • Reset/uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome
  • Tried different mice/air mouse/keyboard with trackball
  • Tried various versions of emby (latest release/dev releases over past week)
The reason I do not believe this is an emby issue is that everything functions as expected when accessing the same server using:

• MS Edge on same server Win 10
  • Firefox on same server Win 10
  • using Chrome 32bit/64bit remotely from a Win 7 64bit

Sorry for the long email and thanks for anyone reading, I suspect it’s a long shot that some has seen the same issue but after trying many things and reviewing Chrome issue reports to see if anything similar has been logged for other sites/applications I’m out of ideas with this. 

Edited by Olywa123

Olywa123

it's being detected as a touch device so certain mouse-related features are disabled.

Thanks for the answer Luke, this would make sense, do you mean detected by Windows or Chrome or maybe by emby? Any idea where to fix it?

Edited by Olywa123

• Solution
Spaceboy

There's an option to disable touch controls in chrome in //flags

Type chrome://flags in the address bar

Edited by Spaceboy
  • Like 1

Olywa123

@@Luke, thank you so much, I spent so many hours trying to fix this I cannot believe that between you and Spaceboy I finally have emby back in my preferred browser :)

@@Spaceboy, great tip thank you, I just did some googling after Luke's comment and ended up disabling the HID touch screen in Device Manager which did fix the problem (finally!) but your way is a preferred/cleaner so done that now instead.

No idea what occurred to make this change as everything was fine a week or so ago but really guys - huge thanks. 

Edited by Olywa123