TV Show Actors

Spaceboy
Go to solution Solved by Spaceboy,

Spaceboy

It is my understanding that generally TV show actors are shown at the show level with only guest stars shown at an episode level, no actors are expected at a series level.

Not sure when this changed but i don't see any actors shown at show level, it doesn't matter which of the shows i check, actors only show at the episode level which then excludes all actors common to multiple episodes.

I can't see that this would have been by design, but perhaps i'm wrong?

Happy2Play

I have Cast and Crew at Series/Show level and Episode level.

560bae6a1f19a_Series.jpg

560bae7b52c07_Episode.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play
Version 3.0.5724.6

tarnalcock

How is 12 monkeys? I want to watch that!

Firstly, in the dashboard got to Metadata > Advanced > expand "People" and check that you have all of those ticked. Then doing a manual "People Refresh", via the scheduled tasks tab in the dashboard may help.

Secondly in the Web App, go to Metadata Manager, expand your sub folder (i.e. "Series" or whatever), then select the show in question, then expand 'People'. What shows up there? You should see people at this level. I cannot confirm as I am not near my actual server, but I would assume you should find similar as the season and episode level again, further down the tree.

You could try using "Refresh" here, or clicking the . . . button next to said button and selecting "Advanced Refresh" where you could choose to fill in missing data. 

Edited by tarnalcock

Spaceboy

560bae6a1f19a_Series.jpg

560bae7b52c07_Episode.jpg

actually i do see the cast and crew for some series but not all.

Do not

Flight of the Conchords

Lost

Do

Last Man on Earth

Fear the Walking Dead

15 Storeys

loads of others but these are examples.

no the people do not show up in the metadata manager at the show level but based on the issue i'm reporting that seems expected and the same issue.

Edited by Spaceboy

tarnalcock

no the people do not show up in the metadata manager at the show level but based on the issue i'm reporting that seems expected and the same issue.

Did you try the advanced refresh?

Spaceboy

Did you try the advanced refresh?

no, because its less useful than a chocolate teapot. does absolutely nothing apart from frustrate you from my experience. an infinitely spinning circle is not what i need here

tarnalcock

no, because its less useful than a chocolate teapot. does absolutely nothing apart from frustrate you from my experience. an infinitely spinning circle is not what i need here

hmmm.. People or chocolate teapot. I'd honestly go with the chocolate teapot. Maybe with chocolate milk in it too. 

Happy2Play

Are all these missing from the previous bug and your metadata hasn't been refreshed to re-add missing metadata?

• Solution
Spaceboy

humble pie has been served and eaten, on this occasion advanced refresh did do the job. i moved my ibn folder a week ago and despite downloading the people i did need to refresh the tv show metadata. feel free to laugh at me

• Like 2

tarnalcock

I am glad to hear you got it working.

I had a thought last night and was going to ask ou to check the metadata in tvshow.nfo so see how that looked but I guess that is not necessary now. :)