Chromecast stability and tv schedules

sr175

I have a couple unrelated to each other questions. The first is that I have had lots of problems streaming to chromecast.  The app will see the chromecast and when selecting it will sometimes bring the app up on chromecats but most of the time it will do nothing. Has anyone seen this?

The other is will someone other than schedules direct be used for getting tv schedules. My intent here is to get a replacement for windows media center and have not yet found software that is as easy with a remote control only as WMC. Emby is close but find it unstable in certain areas. I digress but tv schedules were always available in wmc with out subscriptions.

what data source would you suggest? if a free option presents itself, you can be sure we'll look into it, but right now they don't exist. 

as for chromecast, what app are you trying to cast from?

• 2 weeks later...
heksesang

I have had the issue with Chromecast app not always responding when you try to connect. But it can be solved by just casting my screen from the phone to the Chromecast, then breaking that connection and reconnecting to the Chromecast in Emby. I kinda get the impression Emby doesn't properly break the connection for any previous lingering sessions/apps running.

PS: This is from the Android app, I have no idea if the same problem exists on other platforms like iOS or the Chrome browser.

Edited by heksesang