MBC crashing every time

Heckler

Heckler

I haven't included any logs at the moment, because I'm not sure which logs you will want as I don't know if it's a server, client or theme issue.

I've updated MB server and client today

MBC 3.0.96.0 B11-19.1

MBS 3.0.5081.21515

Subdued theme 3.0.18

Before I upgraded the client, I changed the view in my TV Shows folder to group by Genre, not for any reason I just felt like changing it to see how it looked.

Then I would get a flash of some kind of red dialogue box when loading MBC but it's gone to quick for me to see what it says... I think I catch the word 'index' but that's it.

Now if I enter the TV shows folder it locks up, I have tested on 2 systems both running the exact same versions of both MBS and MBC.

Trying to figure out if the problem is with the server or client, I created a new test user using the same media library but default theme and could then enter the TV shows folder (it wasn't in group by genre).

I then changed the new user to group by genre and it works fine.

I then go back to the normal user, load up MBC and change the theme to default, enter the tv shows folder and can browse normally. I change it back to group by none and exit. I reload MBC and check twice to make sure I can enter the tv shows folder.

Then I go into the config and change the theme back to subdued... finally I can enter the tv shows folder without it locking again.

I have no idea which logs you might want to see... as I'm not sure where the issue is... so please let me know.

First step would be remove all themes. Test with the default theme. If it is still happening, then you know it is something with MBC itself. 

leedavies

I haven't included any logs at the moment, because I'm not sure which logs you will want as I don't know if it's a server, client or theme issue.

I've updated MB server and client today

MBC 3.0.96.0 B11-19.1

MBS 3.0.5081.21515

Subdued theme 3.0.18

Before I upgraded the client, I changed the view in my TV Shows folder to group by Genre, not for any reason I just felt like changing it to see how it looked.

Then I would get a flash of some kind of red dialogue box when loading MBC but it's gone to quick for me to see what it says... I think I catch the word 'index' but that's it.

Now if I enter the TV shows folder it locks up, I have tested on 2 systems both running the exact same versions of both MBS and MBC.

Trying to figure out if the problem is with the server or client, I created a new test user using the same media library but default theme and could then enter the TV shows folder (it wasn't in group by genre).

I then changed the new user to group by genre and it works fine.

I then go back to the normal user, load up MBC and change the theme to default, enter the tv shows folder and can browse normally. I change it back to group by none and exit. I reload MBC and check twice to make sure I can enter the tv shows folder.

Then I go into the config and change the theme back to subdued... finally I can enter the tv shows folder without it locking again.

I have no idea which logs you might want to see... as I'm not sure where the issue is... so please let me know.

I've seen this behavior in MBC whilst using several different themes, so I don't think it's theme-specific. It's happened more than once.

The fix for me was to stop the MB server, delete the MB cache\display.db and the cache\<themename>Display folder (if there is one), then start the MB server again.  It was as though maybe something bad/corrupted had been saved in the display settings for the collection/folder I was having problems with.

leedavies

You lost me - are you still able to reproduce the problem?

Not sure who the question is aimed at, but for me, no I haven't been able to reproduce it on-demand.  A couple of times, after tweaking cover sizes or some other display setting in a collection already by genre or director or whatever, I've been unable to go back into that collection afterwards.

I haven't noticed until the next time I've run MBC, but the problem has happened about 3 times on 2 different collections.  Each time, the fix was to delete display.db and the xxxxxDisplay folder for the theme in question.  I've seen it in Subdued and in Crystal.  I'm not saying other themes don't have the problem, but as Subdued and Crystal are totally independent themes, I don't think it's a theme problem.

I did notice once the problem happened right after an MBC update was installed just after I entered the collection.  Could be totally unrelated and was just the once.

That's about all the info I have.

Heckler

I did replicate the issue on the second media centre with the same versions of MBC, MBS and Subdued theme.

But as I said in the OP, I was able to resolve it by using the default theme and changing the group by setting back to 'none' instead of 'genre'

I have just loaded up MBS on this system, went into the TV shows folder from the EHS and changed it to group by 'genre' again... It immediately locked up and upon restarting MBC, if I go into the TV Shows folder from the EHS it locks up again.

So yes, I can replicate the issue... but I'd rather not again, unless you like me to and send some specific logs over.