Emby Kodi Customization

butterblum

butterblum

Hey all,

I am new to the Kodi/XBMC scene. I am trying to make the switch from WMC to Kodi, and I love the Emby server/interface, so I want to keep using it.

I installed the Emby plug-in for Kodi, and everything works, but I am unable to customize anything. I am using the reFocus skin, however, the only way I can view TV shows and movies is via a vertical list, displaying cover art for the selected movie to the right of the list. When I select the view option in the sidebar, "list" is the only option available. I am unable to view any information for any movies, as clicking on the movie causes it to start playing immediately.

I want to use this skin and plug-in, but will be unable to if I can't customize it.

Any help?

Thanks

MSattler

Hey all,

I am new to the Kodi/XBMC scene. I am trying to make the switch from WMC to Kodi, and I love the Emby server/interface, so I want to keep using it.

I installed the Emby plug-in for Kodi, and everything works, but I am unable to customize anything. I am using the reFocus skin, however, the only way I can view TV shows and movies is via a vertical list, displaying cover art for the selected movie to the right of the list. When I select the view option in the sidebar, "list" is the only option available. I am unable to view any information for any movies, as clicking on the movie causes it to start playing immediately.

I want to use this skin and plug-in, but will be unable to if I can't customize it.

Any help?

Thanks

Typically it should show on the sidebar.  I believe most of us who use Emby for Kodi use Arctic Thunder Exploded skin, as that one has multiple views like what you are wanting.

yardameus

I know the previous posters have some "bias"   :P , but I would also say Aeon Nox and Chroma have some promise as themes.  Also, in the settings you can set what will happen when you select an item (play, show info, etc...)  Poke around in the Kodi settings, appearance, playback etc.. area for a bit.  Also, when you are viewing the sidebar with "List" highlighted, select that and either it should shift to another view, or a view menu should pop up.

Edited by yardameus

yardameus

Ok, fair enough.  I've just associated your skull and cross bones with Titan.  Which would make sense if you like it.  Also, I was in no way knocking on Titan or Arctic Zephyr Exploded...  Overall, they have amazing themes, but the views on both of them are not quite what I am looking for, but I keep checking them out periodically because of the overall quality.

Edited by yardameus
  • Like 1

tarnalcock

Overall, they have amazing themes, but the views on both of them are not quite what I am looking for, but I keep checking them out periodically because of the overall quality.

I am struggling with this very dilemma! Ever since I started using xbmc. I have never found a skin that I truly love. But I myself don't really know what I want! I enjoy the flat simplicity yet sleekness of Arctic zephyr. But the views don't quite do it for me!