Upcoming shows showing a as a day early

kjp4756

I'm having an issue where all of my shows on the upcoming tab are showing as airing a day before they actually air.  For example; "The Simpsons" airs Sunday on Fox.  This is what's listed in the TV show details on my emby server.  In the upcoming tab "The Simpsons" is listed as airing Saturday.  This happens with all of my shows.  They show as a day early.  

Any idea on what's going on?  This used to work properly before the new TV seasons started.

5606d9844bfe1_ScreenShot20150926at114347

5606d99b5dfda_ScreenShot20150926at114407

Possibly a time zone issue?  Your profile says you are from Canada, so I wouldn't think it would off that much, but you may want to double check the time zone set on that computer, as well as within Emby.

System time zone appears to be correct.  I'm not seeing a time zone setting anywhere in the emby settings so I'm not too sure about that.

I forgot to mention I am on emby version 3.0.5724.5 running in a jail on freenas.  This has actually been happening for a while now.  I just thought the shows moved to different days.  I remember a few versions back on emby server the upcoming tab didn't work properly at all; shows weren't showing at all on the upcoming tab.  Then that was fixed at one point and since then all of my shows show but the days are not right.  

I have tried doing an advanced refresh on all my my tv shows.  That didn't help.  I have also tried using another web browser which didn't change anything also.  Next step might be to set up another temporary emby jail and add my tv shows to that and see if upcoming works properly there.

Thanks for the timezone idea though.  I didn't think of that.

Today I set up a new emby jail for testing.  I added only my tv shows to it.  All settings were default.  Same issue on the new install so that at least rules out a local database problem or configuration issue.

I was messing around with the swagger-ui and ran a query on /shows/upcoming and observed that the proper dates are being returned there.  

UPDATE:  Going through showsupcoming.js for the current stable version, it looks like it uses the APIs shows/upcoming to build the upcoming tab.  From what I can tell PremierDate is what is used for the date.  showsupcoming.js coverts a numeric date to a long date format.

In swagger-ui I get "2015-09-27T00:00:00.0000000Z" for PremierDate for the upcoming episode of "The Simpsons".  I wonder if the T00:00:00.0000000Z after the date is what's causing issues.  I've done date/time format conversions in visual basic 6 and there is no way that format would work.

Edited by kjp4756