How To Download Audio Files To Device

mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

hi guys what the easiest way to download complete albums to my device using emby? I cant even find a download button when viewing my music tracks/ albums.

mystic.bertie

does the standard android app have sync and download buttons? Do i need to install 'folder sync' first?

mystic.bertie

Ok i can syc albums and this will make them available for offline viewing. I want to download the albums/ tracks so i can play them with my audio player on my mobile phone. How can i do this as i dont see a download button anywhere. Downloading is enabled in server settings for me as a user.

Edited by mystic.bertie

mystic.bertie

you have to drill all the way into song detail screens, so it's going to be a little tedious.

thanks you very much, i found the download button, a bit tedious as you say but it will come in useful ocaasionally. cheers ;)

• 10 months later...
Guest asrequested

you can use the sync feature. you can also download songs individually

@@Luke I have an HTC 10 and I can't download anything. I get to the song, three dots, download....and nothing happens. I'm in network. Is there something different with the latest Android OS?

Guest asrequested

I've got nothing. I tap download, the popup goes away and that's it.  Do you need a log?

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Well, I guess I'll just have to plug my phone in and do this old skool

Update:

Yeah, it's late, got some wine in me......I hadn't set storage permission for the app, all good now  :blink:

Edited by Doofus

• 11 months later...

@@mystic.bertie

@

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

Guest asrequested

@@mystic.bertie

@

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !

I can get to the 'Downloaded Media' page, but when I tap on one of the selections, I get the eternal spinning circle. You need me dig out a log?

mystic.bertie

Nice one Luke. I will try it out, im currently downloading an album .

Does that mean the remote control issue on the Android app is fixed?

Thanks for the feedback. What remote control issue? can you link me to the topic where you reported it? thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
mystic.bertie

The remote control feature has been work well recently for controlling ET on my htpc. Good work ;)

I apologise, i forgot to let you know the results off the offline playback mode and album download. I have downloaded a couple of albums and this is working just fine, i went offline and i was able to playback the downloaded music. 

It seems the 2 albums i downloaded, in the downloads section, all the downloaded tracks are all mixed up, the sorting order feature does not seem to work, it would be better if you could view them by artist or album or by folder, at the moment all the tracks are in random order.

Thanks for the feedback. And yes, better offline organization is planned for a future update. Thanks.