Emby keeps skipping the first item in a playlist

dazed

So i have a smartplaylist setup to play the previous nights shows and ignore stuff i'll watch later, looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<smartplaylist type="episodes">
    <name>TVShows</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="tvshow" operator="isnot">
        <value>The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst</value>
        <value>Luther</value>
        <value>The Making of The Mob: New York</value>
        <value>Melissa & Joey</value>
        <value>The Pacific</value>
        <value>Quantum Leap</value>
        <value>Tut</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>0</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>

Then a tile on the titan skin with this PlayMedia("special://profile/playlists/video/TVShows.xsp",return) to play it, but i noticed the other day it started skipping the first item in the list and have no idea why. I can see in the log where it says "ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.emby/tvshows/bd6e2408da6f09b9290a318f5821b162/?filename=From Dusk Till Dawn- The Series - S02E05 - Bondage.mkv&id=aa21ab40c9b1c330fd1d2a570f53a9d8&mode=play]" but there is nothing wrong with the file it plays fine on its own and plays fine outside of kodi

kodi.log

server-63578720144.txt

Any word on what's causing this? It's becoming more and more annoying

Also what's the deal with the trakt plugin suddenly adding items as watched twice, looks like its adding them on start and stop time

QmUmONI.png

Edited by dazed

Angelblue05

Trakt has always done that. Yes I should hopefully have a fix for the playlist later today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didnt fix it, i still get the error

"19:59:03 T:13360   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.emby/tvshows/8469c42b6d13a5a7d2427e5cc180d74f/?filename=The Player (2015) - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv&id=72d02f9c0e7272c37e170bf8add9bdf3&mode=play]"

Angelblue05

@@dazed

Yes, playcount count as soon as the item starts playing. The issue is that the error you mentioned happens after the playback starts, so it terminates current playing item and moves on to the next. Can you tell me, are you starting playback on the homescreen - widget? 

Edit: I'm putting a quick version together for additional log lines so we can know for sure that is what's happening.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

From the homescreen, just a tile with PlayMedia("special://profile/playlists/video/TVShows.xsp",return)

Perfect, thanks. I'm now able to reproduce the issue. Will let you know once I find the solution.

It seems to be something to do with PlayMedia, if i used this PlayMedia("library://video/Emby - TV/TV_nextup_episodes.xml/",return) it starts to play the the nextup episodes but again skips the first in the list 

Angelblue05

Awesome! :)

Well now I have to discuss this with my fellow co-devs because our homescreen workaround was causing the issue. You can keep using this version until the next release.

marcelveldt

@@marcelveldt

If you check his log, you'll see your skin helper is throwing errors. Just wanted to make you aware of them. Thanks

Thanks, just fixed.

Angelblue05

Not the same issue. It seems your playlist doesn't trigger the plugin path and it's trying to play path stubs rather than the full path... Very strange.

Can you try to do a reset rescan of your library and let me know if the issue still happens?

Angelblue05

Yeah this time it had the proper path to playback.

In your latest log:

DVDPlayer: Opening: D:\TV\The Player (2015)\Season 01\The Player (2015) - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

In the log before that - when it was broken:

DVDPlayer: Opening: The Player (2015) - S01E01 - Pilot.mkv

Keep an eye on it, let me know if it happens again. Very odd that this happened.