Emby doesn't seem to connect to ChromeCast

fejk

When I select my chromecast device from the application on Android nothing appears on my TV. I can cast from other applications like Twitch and Youtube fine but when trying to cast from Emby nothing appears on the TV but Emby thinks it's connected to the TV. Anyone having this issue? 

the app is most likely connected to your chromecast device but the chromecast app on the receiver probably can't reach your emby server.

the app is most likely connected to your chromecast device but the chromecast app on the receiver probably can't reach your emby server.

How would I go about fixing this issue? I have the PC wired into the router if that changes anything. 

well, first thing is check the local address displayed on the server dashboard, because that is the address that the chromecast app is going to use to try and connect. so make sure that's correct.

well, first thing is check the local address displayed on the server dashboard, because that is the address that the chromecast app is going to use to try and connect. so make sure that's correct.

I'm able to use the media browser on my other TV to watch movies, tv shows, etc.. so that should rule out the ip being incorrect, no? 

it matches the one of my IPV4 if that's right?

also the app is able to connect to my other TV, xbox, etc but if I select chromecast the icon goes grey as if it is unable to connect. 

Edited by fejk