Auto organize cannot find show folder?

hifiaudio2
Go to solution Solved by mellomade,

hifiaudio2

I am trying to get auto organize to file the episode of the Goldbergs that I recorded yesterday,  but it cannot find the Goldbergs folder that I created.  All other shows seem fine, but even if I go click on the error in the auto organize activity log and select "The Goldbergs"  from the dropdown, it reverts right back to not knowing what the show is if I click the "organize file"  button again next to the error.

Just keeps telling me...

The Goldbergs S03E01 20150923 [20150924-0030].mpg because target path could not be determined.

The folder for the Goldbergs did pick up the Emby metadata, so Emby knows its there. 

• Solution
mellomade

I had the exact same problem with the exact same show yesterday!

The trouble is that tvdb shows more than one 'The Goldbergs'.  So what you have to do is make sure the folder name in your TV area is 'The Goldbergs (2013)' - that solved it for me.

Usually these 'target path could not be determined' errors are due to some conflict with the scraping.  Naming your TV series according to the recommended structure should avoid all this.

• Like 1

hifiaudio2

Yep that was the issue, although I went about solving it a bit differently.  I just went back into the metadata manager and changed the ID for the TVDB setting to the correct one and did an advanced refresh to replace all data.  That pulled up the correct tagline and actors for the show (even though the images were already correct)  and allowed Emby's auto organize to move it correctly.  All good now, thanks!