Emby for Kodi broken, no sync

Larnal

Hi there,

I'm new to Emby and Kodi and as I was advised, I use Emby as my media server and media manager while I use Kodi to play them.

I installed Kodi 15.2 Isenguard (beta) and Emby 3.0.5724.5 (last version). Emby runs fine, Kodi too, but the plugin Emby for Kodi (1.1.39) seems to be broken for me, as no media are synced between Emby and Kodi, I can't see them in Kodi. 

I am on Linux Mint 17.2 XFCE, this is the log from Kodi when it tries to start the plugin : http://pastebin.com/j2C8Gw1v

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks you very much.

EDIT : new log with addon debug log enabled.

Edited by Larnal

Angelblue05

Seems to be a new issue with using requests module (or cryptography). Will look into it.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

After experiencing other addon errors, it seems the problem might come from Kodi, not Emby.

I also have errors with the Trakt.tv plugins and the Trak.tv for Pulsar plugins. The errors are similar, involving cryptography and displaying the message "osrandom engine already registered".

It might be related to Mopidy I installed (and then uninstalled) which asked for the installation of cryptography 1.0 from a pip command as described here : https://cryptography.io/en/stable/installation/

Maybe there are some conflicts with the Kodi and Emby functioning.

Here is the partial log for the Pulsar/Trakt.tv addon error : http://pastebin.com/maNqnphv

Angelblue05

Well hopefully it's an isolated issue. You are the only user so far, to have reported this error. 

You have completely wiped the userdata/addons folder in Kodi when you reinstalled correct (you had to reinstall skins/add-ons)? If that's not the case, then you didn't do a clean install and probably why you are still seeing this issue.

Angelblue05

Oh I know some Kodi users seem to be seeing this issue since August. I meant you are the only one using Emby for Kodi and having this issue I meant :)

Ok, well if you did delete the folder then, I guess all that's left is wait for a reply on their part.

mgworek

Oh I know some Kodi users seem to be seeing this issue since August. I meant you are the only one using Emby for Kodi and having this issue I meant :)

Ok, well if you did delete the folder then, I guess all that's left is wait for a reply on their part.

Never mind, now it synced but leaving this there since there was a problem or delay going on for shows that were added in the past 24 hours.

I just went to watch a show that was added yesterday and it's not showing in Kodi. I rebooted and waited still not showing. I then check the Emby server for new shows and none of them are showing in Kodi for the past 2 days. I just rebuilt my database last week and everything was working. The only new thing that has happened in the past few days was my server updated to the latest bug fix version.

Edited by mgworek

Angelblue05

You could try to disable fast start up sync in the add-on. Then restart Kodi and hopefully it will pick up on the missing content. Then you can reenable fast start up sync content. Next time you see this happen (on same day of), please post your Kodi log.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

I don't find any "fast startup sync option" in the addon config options. What do you mean ?

Sorry Larnal, my last post wasn't directed to you, but at mgworek.

Until the crypto error is resolved, you'll have to wait I'm afraid. There is nothing we can do until then.

Angelblue05

I don't know what the other add-on did when it asked to update crypto. But apparently it did permanent damage. He said he uninstalled the problematic add-on, even clean installed Kodi and the issue still persists and affect all of his add-ons including ours.

Well, I installed cryptography 1.0 with another software not related to Emby nor Kodi. That could be the origin of my issues. I uninstalled it since then, but the cryptography package is still there. I will try to remove it and see if it helps.

Problem solved!

Cryptography was indeed the issue.
To fix this mess, I first completely uninstalled Kodi, emby and deleted the Kodi configuration folder :
/home/<user>/.kodi/

Then, I uninstalled cryptography 1.0 with the command:

sudo pip uninstall cryptography

I also deleted all cryptography folders in

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-package/
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-package/
/home/<username>/.local/lib/python2.7/site-packages

And finally, I reinstalled emby and Kodi and set the media folders with read and write permissions.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Larnal
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Problem solved!

To fix this mess, I first completely uninstalled Kodi, emby and deleted the Kodi configuration folder :

/home/<user>/.kodi/

And finally, I reinstalled emby and Kodi and set the media folders with read and write permissions.

Thank you for your help.

Problem solved!

/home/<user>/.kodi/

Thank you for your help.

The same thing happened to me and this fixed it. Thanks!

• Like 1