Questions on behaviour using M3U with EmbyTV

mini__me

mini__me

Hi,

I'm just trying out EmbyTV direct rather than using DVBLink to WMC to ServerWMC to Emby.

I have created an M3U playlist which I have then imported to Emby and channels play successfully :) I have then signed up for Schedules Direct and some but not all channels appear to map.

Questions I have are:

Is it possible / will it be possible to change / check the mapping of Schedules Direct to channel?

- Currently not all channels are mapped, and I believe I have correctly numbered all my channels in the M3U according to the lineup listed but not all have data or they have incorrect data for that channel so it would be nice to see the channel mapping. Automatic is great if it works, but it's nice to have a check :)

How do I tell Emby that there are multiple tuners behind the M3U?

- On importing one M3U Emby only treats (from what I can see) it as a single tuner. When I try and play two channels from different devices the last device requesting a channel wins. I would expect a tuners in use or confirmation to disconnect client a to serve client b instead.

- If I try adding multiple M3U files then the channels did not appear to merge and I ending up with multiple duplicate channels despite them all being numbered and named the same within the M3U. Should I supply logs, or has the logic not been worked out for this situation with a M3U input?

While recording, I also tried a client accidentally at the same time, this resulted in the recording stopping, I would have expected this to throw a client error message rather than cancelling this recording, recordings should always win out over client requests. Again is this specific to M3U logic, or should I supply logs?

Cheers

mini

Edited by mini__me

there is no customization at this point. you will want to make sure the channel numbers in the playlist match up with schedules direct. you don't have to tell it how many tuners there are. it doesn't really need to know. it will just try to do something, and then react accordingly whether it succeeds or not.

mini__me

Thanks for the reply.

So where can I see the lineup for schedules direct? I cannot see if on their site as I'm a UK user. I have configured my M3U with the most recently listed channel numbers on other Listings sites but something is clearly amiss between the two providers. It would be nice to view in Emby the mapping it believes it is making. Appreciate that guide issues and mapping in this instance are a Schedules Direct issue / my M3U fault but the lack of a mapping view makes life harder.

Regarding the tuning, I will do more testing then with DVBLink to make sure that multiple clients other than Emby can steam at the same time directly over HTTP. Currently I only use the DVBLink Virtual Tuners in 7MC which obviously manage and connect in a different way.

mini__me

Found the issues, DVBLink appears to use the client ID (I think generated based on your IP) to provision you a tuner, as the client ID is hardcoded in the imported M3U I've created when Emby asks to do something new, DVBLink just switches channels rather than serve a new one as it thinks it's one and the same client with a new request and not a new request for another channel from effectively a new client :(

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:127,4seven
http://ip_address_of_dvblink_server:8081/dvblink/direct?client=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX&channel=33510000

So I either need to change the format of the M3U (I'll see what I can do) or ask if it's possible to dynamically insert a different Client ID for each new request that Emby itself genuinely makes, which I know is well outside the scope of what you would want to be doing in Emby I imagine :)

I suspect this is a non-starter therefore, however I'll plough on for a bit longer :)

Edited by mini__me

mini__me

Regarding the SD Guide problems I'm having I've spoken offline to @@rkulagow

Regarding the channel content, some of the channels in lineup have duplicate channels for differing variations this could account for some of the incorrect data I'm seeing, I do need to check my channel numbering still though against the provided list.

However with some of the lineups containing multiple lineups for the same channel number how do I select the required channel lineup within Emby without some kind of GUI for channel mapping.

Cheers

mini