Windows server errors with emby

revengineer
Go to solution Solved by revengineer,

revengineer

Hello,

I am a new emby user and first time poster. I liked the idea of emby server existing media AND live TV from the same software so much that I signed up for lifetime membership. I do anticipate a few issues as the software is still begin developed and could use some input on my first issue.

Since I installed emby v3.0.5724.3 on my Windows Server 2012 Essentials, I am seeing errors about the ASR instance key changing like the one below. Prior to the emby install, I had not made any configuration changes to the server in the past two years and I have never seen this error. So I would say that the errors are definitely related to emby. Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

Thank you for your time and your help.

Critical Errors in Event Logs in Last 24 Hours
Yellow DFSR
Event ID: 2147485755
The DFS Replication detected the ASR instance key has changed
on volume C:. Replication has been stopped for all replicated folders on this
volume.

Additional Information:

Volume: 0DF036EE-65F0-11E2-93ED-806E6F6E6963

ASR Instance key: 3c70cf29-376a-4c7a-a474-80da40f835ed
Last occurrence: Monday, September 21, 2015 11:02:02 PM
Total occurrence(s): 1

revengineer

Thank you for the quick reply, Luke. I found that article earlier and did not think it applied to my situation. However, I did find the subkey mentioned in the article and deleted it. we will see whether this resolve the error messages. I will post again later with my findings.

• Solution
revengineer

Amazing, removing the “RestoreSession” subkey under “HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CurrentVersion\ASR” indeed resolved the error. I have no clue why it surfaced with the installation of emby, but the issue has been resolved. Thank you again for bringing this seemingly unrelated article back to my attention.