When does emby flag as "watched"

skank

Using emby server and kodi addon ..

When does emby set a movie as watched?

Say if i set a movie in kodi as watched, will it auto update on the emby server side?

Or does it need to be actually played?

Kodi will sync back to Emby.

If watching through a true Emby client, then it depends on what the "Max resume percentage" is in your Resume Settings.

The default is 95%, after which "Titles are assumed fully played if stopped after this time".

So if i manually set it as watched (on emby client), it wont sync to emby, right?

You mean to Kodi ??

If so, then yes it will as the sync process syncs any changes made since the last sync.

You mean to Kodi ??

If so, then yes it will as the sync process syncs any changes made since the last sync.

I mean this:

When i set a movie in kodi as "watched", will it then auto sync to emby server as watched?

If so when?

Only when it does full sync, or fast startup sync or both after restarting kodi or immediately or not?

xnappo

Yes, I know.  The native Kodi mark watched doesn't give us any indication that something has happened, this is why it behaves inconsistently as to when the server 'finds out'.

We can now add our own stuff to the context menu, where we can make a trigger we can act on immediately.

Edited by xnappo

Angelblue05

The way it is right now, we depend on Kodi events. When you manually mark something as watched, or finish watching something, Kodi sends an event notification, which we then depend on, to let the Emby server know. The main marking as watched happens after the server gets our notification, then returns the item mark as watched which is when we mark as watched in Kodi. 

The best thing to do is post your log if you don't see the proper playstate for your content so we can see what went wrong. I am 95% convinced the process is sound now that I've added the userdata method to our add-on. But only the log will tell what's really going on.

As for the context menu @@xnappo, it's already on the trello board since Isengard release. They are treated as individual add-ons, so we'd need to create an additional add-on for context menu options only.

Edited by Angelblue05

I mean this:

When i set a movie in kodi as "watched", will it then auto sync to emby server as watched?

If so when?

Only when it does full sync, or fast startup sync or both after restarting kodi or immediately or not?

In my experience, and not ignoring the posts in between your's and mine, marking items watched/unwatched in Kodi has been pretty much instant in updating Emby.