Emby TV M3U Creation

maisto99

Howdy…  I have Windows 8.1 running Emby Server Version 3.0.5724.3.  My TV tuners are SiliconDust HDHomeRun Prime with the latest firmware 20150826 but no M-Cards are installed.  Just consuming ClearQAM 256 from my linear content provider.

I attempted to create an M3U list that would allow me to :

• Use an XMLTV.xml file available on my network and created via zap2xml

• Map the RF/Physical channels to the guide and 

• update the channel name and number from SiliconDust HDHR defaults (which for me are 5000, 5001, … 

When I create the below M3U file and loaded it into Emby TV it failed to open the channel.  Instead I get the following message: "Video Error  There was an error playing the video.

Please ensure there is an open tuner available."  But all my tuners are available on the network and work with the SD native software and in VLC.

Also it doesn't appear to have pulled the XMLTV file.  Can someone steer in the correct direction?  Below is an extract of my M3U file that I created.

Thank you in advance for your help!

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="I10626.labs.zap2it.com" tvg-name="4 KOMO-ABC" tvg-logo="komo_seattle.png" group-title="HDHomeRun Prime",Channel 4

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="I10518.labs.zap2it.com" tvg-name="5 KING-NBC" tvg-logo="king_seattle.png" group-title="HDHomeRun Prime",Channel 5

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="I15662.labs.zap2it.com" tvg-name="6 KONG" tvg-logo="kong6_16_seattle.png" group-title="HDHomeRun Prime",Channel 6

• 3 months later...
tonywagner

Just curious if this has been resolved yet -- and what specifically will be resolved (and when the "next release" is).  I too have M3U and XMLTV files I'd like to use in Emby, in a manner similar to the original poster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...