Curious about what Web Browser you guys use the most

jasonmcroy

jasonmcroy

The title says it most. I keep finding myself switching back and forth and can't decide which one I like best to be honest. I started really like Internet Explorer in Windows 8. I am not sure what I think about Edge. It seems like a lot of websites don't work well with it for some reason. I probably use Chrome the most. I used to like Firefox a lot but it seems to use so much of my memory compared to Chrome but the Emby Web Client seems to look better to me in it.

So, which Browser do you like the most and why?

Koleckai Silvestri

Chrome.

Haven't used Internet Explorer since version 6. Edge seems cludgy to me and Firefox is my backup. Edge might be better in a couple years if Microsoft actually develops it continuously.

• Like 1

For general browsing and Emby admin stuff I use Chrome. In the living room, when we are picking stuff to watch from Emby it is the XB1 browser (IE10ish) unless it is broken by the web client changes, in which case I use my Surface and usually Edge.

• Like 1

KarterJK

The title says it most. I keep finding myself switching back and forth and can't decide which one I like best to be honest. I started really like Internet Explorer in Windows 8. I am not sure what I think about Edge. It seems like a lot of websites don't work well with it for some reason. I probably use Chrome the most. I used to like Firefox a lot but it seems to use so much of my memory compared to Chrome but the Emby Web Client seems to look better to me in it.

So, which Browser do you like the most and why?

I am not a fan of Windows 10 and Edge is even worse IMHO, so those are permanently out.

I normally use Chrome, every thing seems to work.  FF is good to.  I did have issues with IE, it seemed like all the buttons were enlarged and misplaced, can't remember if that was IE10 or IE11 or maybe both.

Chrome has my vote, though it seems, someone in these forums stated that FF was the ideal browser (I could be wrong though).

paulsalter

Used to use Chrome for everything until a couple of years ago, it got slow to start up and used lots of RAM while running

switched over to using IE and I get much better performance, works on all the sites I use without issue

upgraded to Win 10 when it came out and decided to try of Edge, not a fan so went back to using IE

jasonmcroy

Thanks for your responses everyone. It gives me a different viewpoint on these browsers at least. I have been using both Chrome and FF for the past week now and still undecided. I think I am going to keep both installed and just go back and forth for a bit longer and see what I think.

Macburp

I have never used IE, never could get on with it. I was a Firefox user until it became bloated, and so moved to Chrome. Stopped using Chrome when it also became bloatware, now using Opera after trying a number of alternatives. I really need my browser to be lightweight and nimble but with a few basic features - I liked Maxthon Nitro for its speed of use but it has very few user features. I realise Opera is based on the Chrome engine, but it does work for me.