MB3 through PS4 browser

jpc

Hi,

I tried to access the MB3 server through the internet browser of the PS4 without success.

Is there any special settting or is the PS4 browser just not capable of doing  it ? How different is it for the PS4 to access MB3 from  lets say accessing you tube or other on-line media servers ?

Thank you

Is the PS4 browser an HTML5 browser? Can it run javascript, etc.? If not, your out of luck on it. Sorry.

It is supposed to be. Only Thing I know it can't do is Flash.

Is the PS4 browser an HTML5 browser? Can it run javascript, etc.? If not, your out of luck on it. Sorry.

techywarrior

I don't have a PS4 to do any testing with but my research shows that it's based on Webkit and that it does support most HTML5 tags/stuff.

It supports h.264 and mpeg4 for video so it should work for viewing MB streams. One thing to note is that it doesn't appear to have any support for audio codecs so audio may not work. (wav audio may work but no compressed format).

Without a PS4 to test with and to see what is going on it would be hard to debug. Please give more details about your problem.

Are you unable to connect to MBS or are you able to connect but unable to watch? Or something else?

Update. When I was using a local host name I would get "This data is not supported by the PS4"

When used the IP number to connect I finally got to see the web interface, but it is so slow that It took forever. When I finally got to select a video,  after another while I got the following message "There is not enough system memory".

I use the PS4 through wifi but other devices (like the ipad, or iphone) have no issues on the same network. Plus I use the wifi on the PS4 for netflix and amazon prime and it is fast enough.

Well it really isn't the localhost. The localhost would be the PS4 itself.

As for not enough memory. Sounds like the PS4 doesn't allocate enough memory to the browser. Doesn't have anything to do with being wifi or not, it is the PS4 itself that is the problem. Not much we can do about that. Sorry.

Sorry, just wanted say the server host name. Like if I use "my-pc" instead of the ip number. 

Well it really isn't the localhost. The localhost would be the PS4 itself.

As for not enough memory. Sounds like the PS4 doesn't allocate enough memory to the browser. Doesn't have anything to do with being wifi or not, it is the PS4 itself that is the problem. Not much we can do about that. Sorry.

Ah the host name. Thought you were trying to use "localhost" url that shows up in the dashboard. Sounds like it can't do a DNS lookup on local network. Which is odd, but okay.

Ah the host name. Thought you were trying to use "localhost" url that shows up in the dashboard. Sounds like it can't do a DNS lookup on local network. Which is odd, but okay.

Probably on purpose.  Most of these systems are purposely blocking local network access.

Probably on purpose.  Most of these systems are purposely blocking local network access.

Maybe. I really think it is more along the lines that Sony didn't think to add any media stuff as anything but a second thought.